• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need some info

m880guy

hey everyone, havent had the dodge out for a LONG time, got a better job a little more money and a daily driver. I know the civilian lift kits work, but will i retain the 5/4 ton load rating? and on rocky mountain suspension they have so many options. i was told to just search my year truck (77) but under ramcharger, the site also had w200 and wm300. :lost: also anyone try/ have luck with dual shocks or aftermarket steering stabilizers?
any info would be greatly appreciated

Elwenil

The M880 is not a 1 1/4 ton truck in the civilian world. It's identical to the typical '70s 3/4 ton Dodge W200. Most Dodge 1 ton civilian trucks would have had a 4500 lbs D60 front axle as the D44 is only rated for 3500 lbs. If you buy a lift, get one for a W200. Sometimes the Ramcharger lifts are a little lighter due to the shorter wheelbase and a WM300 is the old drop fender Power Wagon body style. Also, dual shocks in this day and age is completely useless and will only make the truck ride rougher then normal. It's still popular on show trucks and "mall crawlers" though. Dual steering stabilizers don't do much more than singles except to make the pump work harder. A single stabilizer can be useful with 35" tires or larger, but it's not a necessity.

m880guy

Ok thanks much for the info, Still gonna do the dual stabilizer, front wheels went off on there own last night where I dump yard waste (crawling down trees and such) resulting in me making solid contact with a tree, thanks again for the info, I'll post pics once the parts come and I have time to install them