• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some IP advice on M35A1

scooter01922

Ok guys, as anyone on here regularly prob knows my M35A1 is having Ip issues. Got a new hyd head from doghead but couldn't get the old one off. Long story short, ( and i'm going to do a writeup on it) its a stupid design feature on the code G and F pumps that in all likelyhood should have been updated ages ago with a retrofit kit. There is a small oil passage in the IP that flows through a special hollow bolt and into the hyd head, as the bolt actually stick into the hyd head it makes it impossible to remove. Anyway, finally figured that out and got the hyd head off only to find that now i'm even more screwed. It lost the circlip and button thing off the bottom of the hyd head but thats ok, its crap anyway. What my real issue is that now the gear in the Ip that drives the hyd head spins freely:cry: It was working as i had the hyd head all lined up via rotating the engine over and things worked fine. I can rotate it smoothly with no binding 360 degrees as well as move it up/ down 3/8 inch or so. Moving the engine has no effect on it at all. Exactly how screwed am i???? A few questions, looking at the pic can i remove the back half of the IP and leave the govonor section attatched to the truck? From pics Dh just sent me i think you can pull that shaft out and replace the pin that drives it. I'll post those in a second. I'm stuck at work tonight so i have lots of time to re read the manual but thought i may as well post as well.

Attachments

Earth

I think you might be further ahead pulling the whole thing off and doing repairs on the bench. You're almost there anyways. I have an IP off, and as it has issues I wouldn't mind splitting it and passing on what I find. You might be able to use the parts. We'll be in the shop all day tomorrow. When I took the HH off my sick shop truck last summer, the clip had come off as well and a piece of it was jammed in under the gear you have spinning freely. Perhaps the loose clip has caused your gear to shear of somehow.

G-Force

Scooter,
Accor4ding to TM9-2910-226-34 you should be able to remove the IP housing off of the advance housing. The shaft is only splined into the advance mechanism.
hope this helps

scooter01922

Exactly what i'm hearing from AMgeneral in chat, you can split it there but it takes a ton to get the gov springs back together. Eh, well off with the pump tomorrow it is then. I shall attempt to pull the quill shaft assy and see whats up but i'm feeling like a new injection pump might be in order.:evil:

scooter01922

Yeah, guess i don't know my own strength......breaking solid steel with my bear hands...LOL seriously though, i busted something somehow, now what is the big question.

jollyroger

Sounds like a ton of fun. I don't think I am a value add to this discussion other than I am working on obtaining a parts truck so i can R&R parts like that while I am sending the original out to be rebuilt. I have found I am a jack of lots of trades and an expert at none. Rebuilding a HH while possible for me is not what I want to be an expert in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks