• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some M101a2 Parts

awolhmv

Front shackles/leaf spring brackets. Needed
Last night when dumping a load pulled away and drove off with the A frame only.

Guess when you dump you don't back up so much that the wheels are off the ground! No standing her up on the rear gate!

2510007339406 19207 7339406 HANGER,SPRING,VEHIC LEFT........... 1

2510007058969 19207 7339405 BRACKET,MOUNTING RIGHT............. 1

2510007339406 19207 7339406 HANGER,SPRING,VEHIC LEFT........... 1

2510007058969 19207 7339405 HANGER,SPRING,VEHIC RIGHT.......... 1 Not sure which are the front or rears. Would need the front ones

Also need 2540011543892 19207 11675105 BRACKET AND PLUNGER................. 1

The front spring brackets where the A frame bolts to.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This sould be in the classifieds , want ads are not allowed in the forums.
Premium Membership Explained http://www.steelsoldiers.com/payments.php You need to be a premium member to post in the classifieds . To become a premium member go to the resources sect at the top of the page ,click on it ,then click on Upgrade to premium membership.
You should also delete this thread .

Last edited:

KsM715

Look like this? Edit: I'm an idiot :doh: Forgot the link. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/847746-post16.html

And Porky's right. Things have probably changed since you last logged in. You now need to get a premium membership to place "wanted" ads in the classifieds.
ForSale/Wanted ads are not supposed to be posted in the forums.

Hope you find your parts, may be cheaper and easier to just find another trailer.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree about not having want adds in the forum but this thread does serve a purpose other than violating the rules. Seems quite a few people are having problems converting their M101 into dump trailers lately. I guess the GL vid on how to convert to dump left the part out about breaking the tongue off.

Maybe the OP should just edit the "want" part out.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree about not having want adds in the forum but this thread does serve a purpose other than violating the rules. Seems quite a few people are having problems converting their M101 into dump trailers lately. I guess the GL vid on how to convert to dump left the part out about breaking the tongue off.

Maybe the OP should just edit the "want" part out.

It was just a matter of time before someone found out the hard way!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Just found out you can't post wanted stuff in the forum. By the looks of the wanted section nobody looks there so that would be a waste of time.
The OP knows about the classifieds.

I'm OK with leaving this up, to help warn others what several of us have been saying all along. They are NOT dumping trailers. Never were meant to be. Failure will occur if you use it as a dumper

Last edited:

DAP

I have used mine as a dump trailer a few times with no problem. However. I only drop the tailgate and dump it until the tailgate hits the ground so it is only a minor angle, just enough to shovel downhill. Once I dumped with the taigate flat so the bed is only about 45 degrees. Never did I stand the trailer up so it was 90 degrees to the ground. If I only dump at a 30-45 degree angle will that still break the castings from stress? I saw the other "test" pictures of the broken casting but I think he was testing the system to the limits it was not designed for. I don't go that far - Opionions everyone?

DAP

Just realized by way of a better explnation - I never dump my trailer so the wheels come off the ground. Does that still over stress the castings? Anybody done any research on the trailer using that as a limitation?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My personal thought is, any dumping with an M101, is a bad idea.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be best to fabricate new parts that have the correct geometry for dumping.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be best to fabricate new parts that have the correct geometry for dumping.
:ditto:

I think a M101 can be made into a dump but it needs to be modified to beef up the weak parts. I will add that most of the ones I've seen broken were overloaded and/or abused.