• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need some opinions

spink7124

Meeting up with Jsbrewster1 the other day was awesome. It was great to meet someone who is local with interest in CUCV's as well.

For those of you who are interested more pictures of my truck can be found in this thread, as well as more detailed info about my lift:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/30892-38x14-5x16-3.html

Jason, I forgot to mention the other day that if you do 52's in the front like I have crossover steering is a must, it pushes the axle to far forward for the stock push/pull system to work.

This is the kit that I have on the rear of my truck to achieve lift:
Shackle Flip 'N' Switch (1 ton)

But if you wanted to not spend an arm and a leg you could also check out Off Road Design:
Offroad Design - Fullsize Chevy GM 4x4 Suspensions, Parts and Performance

They are offering their rear shackle flip on sale for $164 (accomplishes the same thing as mine but resuses the stock shackle and is a tad less beefy), for the front you could run a set of 4" tuff country lift springs at $295 or HD's at $335, keep the stock steering and change either the arm on the axle or switch to and s link between the steering box and axle, and then run stock type mount longer shocks.

I had my brake lines lengthened here in town for under $100 for the set (a place downtown off cowart street, used to be mobile air supply but now I think its called tubes and hoses.

Then all you would have to do is shim the axles for the proper caster angle/driveshaft angle and you would have a truck that would tuck 37's with a little trimming and be very capable off road.

Cheap tires? check out 406yj on pirate, I think he's selling those 37's for something like $75 a piece. He also has recentered, painted H1's with rock rings for $200 each:
37" tires cheap!!!!!!! - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

I'll try and give you a call in a few days so you can look my truck over in more detail if you want.