• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some tires asap!

TattooKenny

I'm looking for some Michelin XZL's, 53" 16.00x20. 4 of them 5 if you have it. Help me out guys! The Beast is grounded till I get some:roll:

TattooKenny

Going to work today and the front blew....:roll: Looks like there was a dry rotted place on it. Figure I just need to put newer rubber all around and get a spare. Glad I have B-Locks on it, kept it on there so I didn't have to leave it on the side of the road.

Blythewoodjoe

There is a place in Alma that has them cheap. I hope to head down there this week or next. I know they have good used 14.00's for $50 each but the 16.00's like you have are more. Let me see if I can find the number.

Yep, here's the web site:
Recovered Materials Inc: Used Military Tires

Give them a call and see what they have. The tires are all used and you have to look them over real good. I bought 4 tire that they only had 4 or 5 of and there was a reason for that. They all had crack or some other problem. Pick from the pile that has a hundred in it and your better off.

Hope this helps,
Joe Trapp

Last edited:

TattooKenny

Thanks guys! Nice picts also! Just a little FYI, I called SECO here in Augusta Ga......He wants $650 a tire at 70-80%:shock: I asked if I got some KY for my butt with that deal:roll: Everywhere else so far is around $600 for a set of 4 at 90-95%...... Anyone ever deal with SECO? I've been told they were high, but not that high!

TattooKenny

Yep, it came from Brian out of Tn. I have a guy in Cali that has some interest in it now:grin: He has a fully restored, frame off resto on a 1962 Unimog S404 hard cab. I have always wanted one! Trouble is now how would we get them to each other! I just get one of the MV's I wanted and now have a chance to get the one that was at the top of my list.......just so far away:roll: Still getting tires for this thing! Thanks for all the post guys, I'll be making some calls tomorrow.

Blythewoodjoe

Well I just got back from Alma a little bit ago with $220 worth of 14.00's. Not bad thread. They had NEW looking tires (you know, still have teets on the tread) for $100 each. That's way I only took $200 so I wouldn't be temped to get the new ones. I'm cheap. They have those 16.00's starting at $100 each. If you go down don't go to the address on their web site. They are not there. They are a few miles south of Alma on US number 1 at mile marker 5. East side of the road.

Attachments

Blythewoodjoe

I google earth'd the location and I THINK this is it. If it isn't, its real close. It is in the general area and it looks like it from the air.

31*29'6.93"N
82*27'4.22"W

That's a couple miles below Alma on Number 1. It's across the road from "Pinewalk Ln." In fact if you do a Mapquest search for :

Pinewalk ln.
Alma, GA

It will bring up a map with a little road across from Pinewalk labled "RMI Dr" which I believe is the driveway to RMI (AKA the tire dudes). I hope you all are as confused as me now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks