• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need someone in the Brandon fl area that fixes CUCVs

suzukovich

Need someone in the Brandon( Tampa) fl area that fixes CUCVs

Ok it been a while.. I need some help. I have a 1028 that needs to be repaired. What I need is some one or shop that knows what their doing with a 24v system/ Engine and wiring... Issue I replaced the starter back in 2012 right before I retired from the Army, After the install, One of the fuseable wires fried. Needless to say truck repairs got side tracked. Now I need to get this thing running again. So I need help.!!!!!

Last edited:

stationjj

Yea, I understand your concerns. I live in Nashville TN. I try an do what I can with my CUCV. Sometimes I need help beyond my knowledge and shop space.

I suggest you do some research concerning diesel shops in your area. Call them up or visit and figure out what they will do.

It took me some time, but I have a list of shops if needed for the CUCV. I found most diesel shops don't want to deal with some small older 6.2 in a truck.
I had several turn me away. I found one that would do strictly engine work. Finally I found a shop that will do work most any work beyond engine.

The CUCV is a odd beast. Most shops don't understand it. They want some computer to plug into to diag problem.

I wish you luck

John

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a couple of questions. Please take no offense to them. I just want to get an understanding of your background. Have you downloaded the TM's and read through the electrical troubleshooting sections. Did you install a 24 volt starter, or a 12 volt starter? Do you know how to replace the fusible link? Have you checked the condition of you batteries?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks