• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need steering box part number

mountnmonty

4X4 diesel van conversion. its a body swap. 1978 chevy van (G20) mounted on a 1987 chevy M1008. i need a steering box part number for a steering box that will bolt onto the M1008 frame with the out at the same angle as the van. please advise

also i am using H2 wheels and need part numbers and source for a schrader valve adapter that clears the axle hubs. I have read through several posts on this subject and it still is not clear which one is compatible with th H2 wheels mounted on a M1008

Mark

cucvrus

:shrugs:How would anyone know that? Definite Hot Rodding and Modification of a different type. What is this vehicle? And what does it have to do with a CUCV? I had a guy mount a Cadillac on an M1009 frame. I ran from him when he ask me to work on it. It was double framed and all. Last I seen it was still sitting out back in the field. Good Luck. What M number are you assigning this thing?

mountnmonty

Here is how it began. A friend of mine has owned the van since it was new. Rather than overhaul and restore the blown motor and shot trans. He asked me to convert it to a 4x4 with diesel engine. I thought about doing that and decided to do this instead. I was navy eod for 20 years, and we work in 4 to 7 man teams alone. Independant of all other military commands due to the nature of our game. I personally drove the m1008 cucv trucks to **** and back. We would load one inside a ch 53 echo helo and suspend one below to get to many of our jobsites/crash disposal sites. Im thinking that m.f. M1008 cucv is the most reliable diesel 4x4 i have seen. How would you do it?

Jozseph

CUCV Parts Manual

It is a 1987 M1008 CUCV. MINUS THE CAB AND BED. WHERE ELSE SHOULD I GO TO FIND KNOWLEDGE BASED EXPERIENCE WITH THE DRIVE TRAIN AND CHASSIS OF A CUCV?

PLEASE ADVISE
If you have not done this yet, go to the CUCV TMs area on this site and download the ;

"GM CUCV Parts and Illustration Catalog 52D"

This will have part numbers for CUCV's.

Regards

Joseph

nyoffroad

mountnmonty;2131122. . How would you do it?[/QUOTE said:
I wouldn't. Have you started this project yet? If not have you checked the wheel base of both vehicles? One or two inches difference is going to be a lot and may mean hacking up the body or have a sky high lift to clear the tires. I can see so many pit falls in this project and encourage you to NOT do it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks