• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need swivel bracket and landing leg for M101

Matthew Gravley

Anyone have the bracket and leg for an m101? I have the receiver piece for the swivel bracket.
One question: are there different configs that include leg and bracket in one piece? I've seen 2 different legs w swivels integrated and they are completely different. One looks like a beefed up 416 leg and one has a big sauce pan on the bottom. Please help.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are correct that there are 2 different models of rear legs with a square and round base. I don't think either style has a built in bracket as I remember them being multiple pieces. Check the tm for parts might be the best answer. I seem to remember multiple sources on epay. Search m101 trailer.

Matthew Gravley

I'm actually referring to the front landing leg. Can't find one or the swivel bracket. I searched m101 here on SS but maybe not good enough. Anybody with the brackets or legs or that can send me a pick of one? I'm going back to original

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
There's at least 4 different landing legs for m101/a1/a2/a3 trailers.

Is your trailer an original m101 from the early 1950's? If so the landing leg swivel will be separate from the leg itself which attaches with 2 bolts. The leg will look just like the one on an m416 but it's a couple inches taller since the trailer frame sits higher. Later versions of the landing leg and swivel were all one piece, with reinforcements welded on to help prevent it from bending.

Then there's the crank up leg pictured in the TM above, stock on the m101a3 trailers. There's at least two different versions of this with one being taller than the other (one is better suited for the a2 which sits lower than the a3). All 4 of these styles are interchangeable. The crank up leg is nice if you use your trailer for hauling instead of just display.

Matthew Gravley

There's at least 4 different landing legs for m101/a1/a2/a3 trailers.

Is your trailer an original m101 from the early 1950's? If so the landing leg swivel will be separate from the leg itself which attaches with 2 bolts. The leg will look just like the one on an m416 but it's a couple inches taller since the trailer frame sits higher. Later versions of the landing leg and swivel were all one piece, with reinforcements welded on to help prevent it from bending.

Then there's the crank up leg pictured in the TM above, stock on the m101a3 trailers. There's at least two different versions of this with one being taller than the other (one is better suited for the a2 which sits lower than the a3). All 4 of these styles are interchangeable. The crank up leg is nice if you use your trailer for hauling instead of just display.

This is awesome. Thank you. Just one final question. No other swivel will fit into the M101 bracket, is that correct?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a new one available...no crank handle as they always seem to be missing.
DSC_0880.jpg