• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Tire Advice

1waterdog

I have a M1028 that I am setting up as a radio truck. I will have my Ham gear in it. I want to be able to get around in the worst Norther Arizona weather if possible an emergency. I also will have 2 m101a2 trailers soon coming from Ft Collins. My question is weather to stay with the stock tire size in a Goodyear MT or go to a 255/85/16 or Rearch the front spring and add a leaf and cut the fenders adding 37 12.50 tires. It will cost me $250 to add about 3 inchs to the front end. I don't want a real high truck. I do want to be able to help others in bad weather if needed. I am not looking for the best offroad truck just one that will go on any snow cover dirt road. If I go to the 37 inch tires can I run them on the M101a2 trailers? If not how will the trailer tow with a lifted truck. Or should I stay with a stock tire and run snow chains ? I would like to hear your thoughts.