• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Tm for pinion seal replacement

machinist75

My deuce is leaking fluid from where the rear driveshaft goes into the rear axle. I have removed the vents, soaked them in brake cleaner and blew them out. Took it out for a drive and I believe it's still leaking. Not a lot but have the Texas SS rally next month and I'm sure if Murphy has something to say it will get worse during the four hour ride there or back. So I am going to go ahead and replace it. Anyway I have found a few threads on the subject but would like to have step bye step instructions. I have looked for it in the tm's but just don't seem to be able to find it. If someone could point me in the right direction I would sure apreciate it. Thanks in advance.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I did mine, I followed the suggestion to not remove the seal housing/carrier and instead pull the seal out with a puller, then check the shaft for play (if there is, you are looking at further disassembly and fixing the pinion bearing), followed by tapping the new seal into place (I used a jam jar that had the exact right diameter opening; a glass jar also helps to not tap with excessive force....). I could not believe how quickly that job was done.

Here is a thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?33717-Pinion-seal-removal

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks