• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need to clean the whole fuel system...HELP

I have found numerous issues with dirt, rust, algae and just plane junk in the fuel tank and system. I have replaced all the filters and done as much to the tank as I can but would like to know what is the best way to clean the tank. There are areas that I can't get to. Also, is there some type of additive that will prevent the rust and algae from growing and keep the inner tank clean and provide lubrication to the pump?

Heath_h49008

Other than getting the tank professionally cleaned by a tank shop? Biodiesel and ATF have the reputation for breaking anything in the fuel system loose.

The best thing to do would be to replace it with a new tank that has sealant inside to prevent rust. The second best thing would be to remove your tank clean it out by hand using a brush and solvent and then coating it yourself inside and out. To get it REALLY clean you may need to cut a access panel into the top of it as some SS'ers have done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks