• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need to get new alternator belt for passenger side alt what will work at autozone

a68cudas

Hello
i need to get alternator belt for passenger side alternator on m1009. im going to get at autozone only store close. can anyone tell me what size belt and or part number for belt on passenger side alt. that will work on my m1009?
any help would be greatly appreciacted. Thank You:?:

a68cudas

Found 15490 its a Duralast belt. Are they the same Duralast is 15490.I never heard of Dayco. Autozone i went to had Duarlast 15490 These should be interchanagable because of same part number? Thanks for the reply

cucvrus

As a rule I change my CUCV belts in the parking lot of the auto parts store. I strive to get belts that are as tight as possible to get on the pulleys and adjust from there. If you follow the guidelines on the belts they are worn out after a few belt squeals. I also use a wrench if I have to to get the belts on the alternators. Tight belts are good. Now not over tight. But that tends to give me years of trouble free belt life. If your belts squeal on start up fix them. It is not normal. Imagine buying a new truck and the belt squealing every time you started it. And then the salesmen says that's normal. Not normal. If it worked when it was new it can still work now. Fix it properly the first time. I know as a fact the can start and run with out squealing belts. I also know they don't always start in the winter when you don't have a block heater. have a great day. Good Luck. It takes about 15 minutes to change all 3 belts in the parking lot.

Jozseph

Found 15490 its a Duralast belt. Are they the same Duralast is 15490.I never heard of Dayco. Autozone i went to had Duarlast 15490 These should be interchanagable because of same part number? Thanks for the reply
FWIW - I have a M1031 used the 15490, when I had to change this belt I use a 15485 last time; the 15485 is 1/2" smaller, is a litte tighter as adjusted for wear and stretch. I also use a belt tension gauge, have an older Borroughs gauge.

Autozone has detailed instructions for GM-Full-Size-Trucks-1988-1998 at;

http://www.autozone.com/repairguide...ENANCE-AND-TUNE-UP/Belts/_/P-0996b43f80c90e0e

As the above link may not work for all, attached is a PDF of the information

Attachments

Last edited: