• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need to know if this is right

Lild

I need to know if I got the right part for the starter relay mod..

i went to oreilly parts store. & after spending 10 mins with the parts guy on finding it. I see the part needed was in the lawn mower repair isle, made by prime line. I have compared it with the part in the mod pic. But I don't know if it has the correct amps & neither of us could verify. I need to know if the same part @ nappa is listed as a lawn mower starter solenoid as well before I open the pkg.

hers a pic of what I got.

Lild

Another question. Yesterday I had to jump bubba off with the tank (suburban) cranked after the 2nd start. Up till that point it would @ times it would crank slow. Other times just fine. So after the jump black smoke came out the pipes, & bubba starts fine runs fine. As of today

now before I jumped started, I took the batt. Out & had them tested. Both r 800cca's both test 760 & 740. Now I jump start a lot of cars @ work, & one thing I noticed was my cables were very hot, as well as the batt.. Never experince that before. Also this was a hot start, not cold the truck has been driven for 2o mins. & sat for 20-30 mins..

So is it possible that the stock starter relay may have allow the starter to pull enough juice for weak starts, or in my enough to no start.

tk specks. 1009 stock every thing, the 12v gp mod was already done by some else.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With no pics and no part number, it is not easy to help you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The relay is used on lawmowers, tractor trailers, ac units, and thousands of other things.