• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need to move a m109 from curtisville mi. to clio mi.

n2ojunkie

I think I lost a cam in my 109 and it won't run long, but I can move it around the yard and onto a trailer if needed. Don't have a lot of money but i can pay for the fuel and your time. I want to see what it will cost me and if I should just leave it at a friends house for now. Thanks.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
What is it doing wrong? This is the first time I have heard of a cam going out. Have you tried adjusting the valves?

n2ojunkie

Ya that's what're I thennk us the cam. They loosened up but the locking nut is still tight. So i adjusted it and it loosened again to the point I have no adjustment left. Pushrod is straight also.

n2ojunkie

The first one was on my way home from here the last time. I fixed it and all was well, on my way back up for deer season I blew a injector line at the ip, and then I got the knocking sound of the rocker, pulled the cover and found another one loose. Adjusted both. First one I had no adjustment left, had to take the locking nut and put it on the bottom of the rocker in order to screw the adjusted down, and then tighten it from under the rocker. That didn't last long. That's why I think a lobe or two wore off.

Thanks but if i tear into it I'm putting something else into it like a 6bt or a lds if i find one cheap enough.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try a PM to dragonwagon he has a towing company in west branch . You might get lucky and have him move it on a back haul .

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How far away is Curtisville from Clio.? I can tow your 109 with my 109, I have the complete tow bar set up just for this project. Kinda sounds like fun....!

I just looked it up, your in the Huron National Forest, Your near BobH, I bet Bob and I could meet up and hook you up. Hows that for service...?

n2ojunkie

Ya I was up at a friends for hunting season and it let go on me. I talked to drangonwagon, and I probably wont be able to do it until after christmas.

Bob I talked to you one time at the meet in Clair, its been a couple of years but I showed up on my bike. Where are you up in that area, I don't make it far when I am up there except to gleenie.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks