• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need to move Deuce 360miles

smeeg

i did do searches through this website and google before i posted.

i bought my first m109a3 i need to get it home its going from rochester NY to putnam county NY about 360 miles....

whats the cheapest way to get trailered/towed home names of companys would be appreciated.

i may wind up driving it home but top speed of 50mph on the highway and the chance that it will break down scare me. is there a good towing insurance i could get incase of break down like AAA?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i did do searches through this website and google before i posted.

i bought my first m109a3 i need to get it home its going from rochester NY to putnam county NY about 360 miles....

whats the cheapest way to get trailered/towed home names of companys would be appreciated.

i may wind up driving it home but top speed of 50mph on the highway and the chance that it will break down scare me. is there a good towing insurance i could get incase of break down like AAA?
How fast do you want to go in a truck designed to 50 mph all day long, old trucks break down, yes, sell the truck

3dAngus

No need to delete. They can move it for you.
Uship is a good choice, or you might find someone who will flat tow it for you for fuel and expenses. That :idea:being a possibility, you would rather keep this one alive than delete it.
Probably gonna be about $1000-1300 for a shipment of this nature. You can drive it for about $150 plus cost to get you there, and your time, figuring about 9-10 mpg. Not sure what someone would charge you to flattow, if they will. They will be getting about 6mpg and have to make a return trip. Probably about 2/3 the cost of shipment. Whatever you do, estimates on Uship are free, so get yourself one.
Good luck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the secondary roads.

Go between a few members locations.

Your truck has been on the road for a while and is fairly well proven as reliable.

smeeg

thank you doghead i bought the truck from x-ray(steel soldier name)-very nice guy and he recommended i get in contact with you.

Danl

Danl M915A1

did you buy the duce that is in xray photo ablum if you did that is one nice truck if its that one i.d say drive it home Doghead do you know what truck he got ? would you drive it home ?

DeucesWild11

smeeg, glad to hear you found a truck. Let me know if you have any questions on things as we're practically neighbors. There is also a guy in Lake Carmel with a M109. It will be good to see some other MV's rolling around the area.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post your route. We may have members along it that can PM you contact numbers(jic).

I'll send you mine. It's always good to have a few numbers to call.

DeucesWild11

Sweet, best of luck with the recovery, I'll PM you my number so you have it incase you run into any issues.. Hopefully it will be a smooth trip, look like you'll have good weather!

smeeg

the deuce made it home! it only took 8 hours lol. it did spring some leaks on the way im hoping it was only two. one is on the steering box

and the other one im not sure theres oil all over the under body so tomorrow im gunna soak it in simple green/dish soap mix for a couple hours and then power wash it so i can figure out where the leak is coming from. the oil seemed a lil thin on the underbody almost like its diesel oil mix. but on the dipstick the oil is fine.

also is this normal that the exhaust made the top of the box all sooty?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got yourself a winner there. Good luck with the minor oil leaks. I have a compressor leak myself to do this week. :p

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd PM you my info for the trip but if you are close to me during the recovery buy a better map or GPS.

Good luck, you'll most likely be fine but it's the anticipation that brings the excitement to the trip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks