• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need to open mosler gsa filesafe no combo

GreyHairedDevil

Just wondering if anyone has forced open one. I was quoted 4hundred from a locksmith. I would love to just destroy the lock and not the cabinet. My father passed away and left this monster for me to open. Not even sure if it's empty. I think he brought it home from work. It's a 5. Drawer with a s&g dial. The I can post a photo if it helps. I haven't found any other marking on the cabinet. I have seen the drill and scope stuff but seems a little over my head. Also trying to avoid the circular saw and hole saw due to the cabinet being located in the house. Any hints tips or warnings that I am making a big mistake are welcome.

Isaac-1

It might help if you can post a photo of the safe so we know which model you have. Having taken one apart to change the lock out I would suspect the best option would be drilling to release the bolts, but of course the key is knowing where to drill.

Ike

GreyHairedDevil

image.jpg
image.jpg
Sorry they hey came out upside down. If I could just pry my way in a junk the cabinet I would. I am sure grainger has the hole saws I would need and the drill points are on line. That doesn't make me feel confident that I will do it right though.

amgeneral72

Thats a lower security S&G dial so no glass re-lockers or anything.
All that aside If you just want to get it open should be fairly easy with some elbow grease but your cabinet is not going to look to good by the time your done.
From what I can see looks fairly low security. Hammer as well as good solid bar mixed with few choice words should get it open.

Good luck

steelandcanvas

How many lock-jocks did you contact? $400 bucks is real steep, call a couple more for quotes. Obviously one should not pay any more than the cost of the cabinet, if you'd like to save it.

Jeep Nasty

Any chance you tried the default combo it's usually 50 25 50. Or 25 50 25

spin reel at least 5 times to right stop at 0

left 4 times stopping on first number the 4th time you hit it

right 3 times stopping on second number the third time you hit it

left 2 times stopping on third number second time you hit it.

then slowly turn right to 0. From zero keep turning right while gently pulling handle, it will usually open somewhere between 90 & 85

I have 4 of these that all came with that default combination and all work the same. I had a key to change combos

you must do the 5 turns clockwise at the beginning to line up everything before you start going left with first combination number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks