• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Tow or Haul from Indiantown Gap to Michigan

rneely

Just won bid on an M35A2 in Fort Indiantown Gap, PA. I live in Casco, MI (just north of Detroit). I am looking for help in a tow or haul . Any suggestions are appreciated as I am a genuine newbie on first buy.

CCATLETT1984

welcome to the site, lots of guys in your area.

What date did you win it? and have you sent the EUC in yet? First time you should expect a month or so, after that you usually have two weeks to go get it.

HeadWizard

Get your EUC sent in ASAP if it's at Indiantown, and then get it off the base/lot asap when the EUC clears - I had an issue with parts going missing there.

I used H&S Towing in Annville, PA to go remove it off the GL lot. They stored it for me until they could bring it down. They were cheap ($150) for the on base recovery, but a little pricey on the tow. Try Uship.com for the haul to you.

rneely

Still waiting for EUC to clear and trying to figure out best way to get truck. Considering a hauler a this time due to 550 miles distance and not knowing true condition of the M35A2.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
HeadWizard,

To be real nosey...roughly what did you pay for the overall call, hook, and tow from the Gap and do you recall their daily storage charge?

HeadWizard

medlog said:
HeadWizard,

To be real nosey...roughly what did you pay for the overall call, hook, and tow from the Gap and do you recall their daily storage charge?
While it was too much, it was probably fair in todays economy. They charged $150 to go on base, recover and haul to their lot. They charged me zero to store the truck for almost 3 months while we waited for them to use my truck to fill an open load south. They flatbedded it down and charged me an extra $600, or right at $5/mile. It was a non-runner due to parts being "borrowed" off it while still on the base before they could go get it.

HeadWizard

medlog said:
YUP, I agree. But I'm still into the truck for less than $2k and it's a winch truck and had a pile of chains in it, several new tires and a convoy light. Needs a compressor and some alternator brackets.

There was no way I could get the truck off the base by the pick-up date, so I had to do that part. I did the math on towing it back with 1 of my other deuces and by the time I bought fuel and expenses for a helper for the day, it would have cost me $350, plus me taking a day off work. Not to mention what it might have cost when Murphy showed up. All in all, not much difference in paying someone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks