• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need trans help

I have searched through the other treads and need to bounce my findings off you. TPS valve seems to be working and vacuum pump sucks good, modulator is new. Trans is in question because i got it from wrecking yard. My question is about the torque converter. If I got a torque converter from a gas engine could it effect the trans??

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes because the stall speed may be different.

What is the transmission doing?

jwaller

yes, you will need to use a diesel converter. the stall speed of the gas converter will likely be above the red line of the 6.2.

it will act as if the trans is slipping and you will have to run the engine at a very high rpm all the time to make the truck move. the governor in the trans will be wrong as will all the calibrations in the valvebody and modulator valve.

ParamediCUCV

I just had my transmission rebuilt; the torque converter for a gas engine is a 3 lug, while the diesel one is a 6 lug. Apparently, the previous owner had rebuilt my trans with a gas converter, which put more wear and tear on it due to the increased torque of the diesel engine. It sounds like you need to adjust your shift points on the trans itself; look at the TM for the info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks