• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Trans of Jeep Windshield from NC-NY

modified

I got a situation that requires a hitchhike. I have a 65" x 27" x 5" Willys Windshield frame w/ glass that needs a lift from Hickory, NC to GILBERT!! < PA (SEPT 24 ). Circumstances limits the shipping option as the price for shipping this frame is outrageous!!!. I'd rather give some 'bones' to a fellow SS member for gas and " the lunch special"

and as always, thanks:beer:

Last edited:

OD_Coyote

Have you considered shipping it via Greyhound bus...I have had a full size pickup truck tailgate and a Willys MB windshield frame w/glass shipped via Greyhound and it was pretty reasonable. That is if the seller is willing to pack it and take it to the bus stations for shipment.

AMGeneral

IF you aren't in any hurry for it,and if anyone is going back north from the GA rally,you may try and see if someone will carry it back north with them,I can transport it to the GA rally for you from Hickory,I live only 20 miles from there.

modified

IF you aren't in any hurry for it,and if anyone is going back north from the GA rally,you may try and see if someone will carry it back north with them,I can transport it to the GA rally for you from Hickory,I live only 20 miles from there.
thank you for the consideration. though I'm hoping Paul can accommodate transport to Gilbert . I'm not in a real hurry. just eagerfat lady sings

I'll pm you if anything arises.

CGarbee

Hate I didn't see this earlier... One of the guys comming to the VA rally this weekend is from NJ and we could have gotten it hauled back at least that far...
Unless we can talk Neil or Brandon into comming up to the rally since it's now too late to get it to me for a ride up since I'm headed out the door in a couple of hours...

modified

Hate I didn't see this earlier... One of the guys comming to the VA rally this weekend is from NJ and we could have gotten it hauled back at least that far... Unless we can talk Neil or Brandon into comming up to the rally since it's now too late to get it to me for a ride up since I'm headed out the door in a couple of hours...
thanks for the thought CG, unfortunately it did not work out w/ Paul. WE did give a grand try!!

If anyone is attending Gilbert in PA this month, the Windshield frame can still use a ride from Hickory, NC .

doinworkinvans

if someone could get it from hickory NC to Wilson NC i could maybe get it to the VA border to drop off to someone else!

If all else fails, I make 2-3 trips from Fayetteville, NC to Latham, NY each year. This is usually July-August and then December and/or January-February. This year December is not happening, but January-February is still on.

modified

If all else fails, I make 2-3 trips from Fayetteville, NC to Latham, NY each year. This is usually July-August and then December and/or January-February. This year December is not happening, but January-February is still on.
hey Shovelhead... thanks for the offer. I dont think I can find a ride for this weekend at Gilbert. I certainly can wait til Jan - Feb.
I' PM you...