• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need transport for 2009 Schutt M1101 Cargo Trailer

StainlessSteel

Just bought a trailer that is in Fayetteville, NC, needing transport 95 miles to Wilmington, NC. I’d considered pulling it back myself but the risks seem to outweigh the benefits. Anyone traveling along this route?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FloridaAKM

Risks? If you only have a car, it is unlikely that you can tow it home. If you have a 1/2 or 3/4 ton truck with a receiver hitch & a pintel hitch, you can make it happen unless you are not comfortable pulling it.

I pulled home 3 M-1102's trailers from Atlanta, Georgia to North Florida with a Toyota Tacoma & a pair of Horror Fright magnetic trailer tailights with no problems several years ago. The trailers were new & mostly unused, so all I was worried about was wheel bearing heat which never happened. The trailers do have a lot of nose down attitude, but a riser will remedy most of that & opening the tailgate will allow you to see over it thru the interior rear view mirror.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks