• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need truck shipped from Nebraska to California

odSteve

hi,

I'm now looking for someone who can transport my truck from Crete, Nebraska to Santa Clarita, California. I'd appreciate hearing any ideas or recommendations any one has for shipping this thing or transport companies to use. This is my first time ever trying to arrange a cross-country transport.

The wheelbase is 139 inches and the seller measured the truck as 19' long and 7.5' wide and 7.5' tall. It weighs almost exactly 6,000 pounds. Not sure if the truck is running now or not, but don't depend on it running. Google maps says the trip is 1,509 miles, almost all freeway.

Thank you.
Steve

Picture of truck in Nebraska:

Last edited:

FrankUSMC

Dont know how big a vehicle he can haul, but
This guy has a pretty good rep over on the Dodge Powerwagon site:

trulyvintagetrailers@hotmail.com <trulyvintagetrailers@hotmail.com>

(I have not used him)
Some one posted on the G503 forum about some unhappy campers who had used him. I tried once to use his service to pick up a truck up north for me. The weather was bad in the area, so in my e-mail to him that the weather was bad and I could wait till he was in that area. He sent me a rude e-mail about he does not discount for deadhead shipping. I was just letting him know I was in no rush. Went to YT site, found a couple who called me, they were in the area of my truck, picked it up, bought it to me. I paid them cash. Have shipped in 4 more trucks since then, never asked him for shipping again.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

odSteve

Put out a bid request on Uship.com
I have it now listed on UShip the past two days. Only 4 different bidders (one company bid twice with two different contact names and different amounts) and all the bids are more than $2500.00. Does that seem correct for a 1500 mile trip?
My first time shipping a vehicle.
Thank you, sir, and everyone, for your help.
Steve

Last edited:

odSteve

Some one posted on the G503 forum about some unhappy campers who had used him. I tried once to use his service to pick up a truck up north for me. . . Went to YT site, found a couple who called me, they were in the area of my truck, picked it up, bought it to me. I paid them cash. Have shipped in 4 more trucks since then, never asked him for shipping again.
By the YT site do you mean Yesterday's Tractors? I didn't see a Transportation section there, but I'll look again.
And do the shippers you now use transport distances such as Nebraska to California?
Thank you, sir.
Steve

Last edited:

mm58

I sold a 4,000 lb. industrial lathe to a guy in Texas a couple of years ago. He used a uShip guy who goes by the name "hertfordnc" on uship. He was very nice and professional and did a great job loading up and securing the lathe. I can't be certain, but I think he charged the guy something like $800. Try looking up hertfordnc on uShip and see if he can do the job for you.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$2.00 a mile is a great rate for interstate hauling. Better get the runs/don't runs question figured out, lots of carriers are not set up with winch on capabilities.

FrankUSMC

By the YT site do you mean Yesterday's Tractors? I didn't see a Transportation section there, but I'll look again.
And do the shippers you now use transport distances such as Nebraska to California?
Thank you, sir.
Steve
Steve
Yes, look at the Community Forum, and click on Hauling schedule. I have had great luck with them.

FrankUSMC

$2.00 a mile is a great rate for interstate hauling. Better get the runs/don't runs question figured out, lots of carriers are not set up with winch on capabilities.
NDT is pointing out a great point. I just sold a very rare and complete wooden WWII trailer to a guy. He used the uship bidder. The hauler showed up, 1. late 2. could not load the trailer 3. we offered to help load with a friends forklift, then found out he did not have enough straps to secure the trailer. Sent him away empty. I told the buyer about the YT site. A new hauler showed up a couple of days later, he loaded the trailer, went over board on securing the trailer, and was cheaper!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks