• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need very bright lights!

res0wc18

so i want to hookup some ridiculous lights. Any ideas besides the kc off road type?

I really like this guy but there all gone search

anyone know where i can get something like that or something else insanely powerful?

res0wc18

the lights are going on the bobbed duece, i want to see everything when i turn the suckers on.

I go into some shady areas that i can never have enough light

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
a huge improvement can be had with hella h4 headlights and the illegal 100 watt bulbs. fits right in place of the original headlights and requires no wiring changes.

rlwm211

Most business planes run on a nominal 24 volt system. Landing lights are brighter than anything you can get for off road. You can search the web for lamps or go to your local airport.

These are not horribly expensive and you can buy some builbs to fit an offroad enclosure such as a standard 4 or 6 inch housing. The average car headlight is 55 watts. KC Daylighters are 150 watts each. I know you can get 300 watts perhaps more. An aircraft needs far more distance from its lights than an auto. These will be focused beam lights as opposed to some type of flood lights.

Just an idea.

firebuilder

Most larger construction equipment is 24 volt and newer models often have xenon work lamps. You should be able to pick them up at a dealer. The CAT ones are self-contained (no separate ballast), don't know about others. The come in different sizes, but are usually square or rectangle with 2- or 3-pin Deutsch connectors. They'll probably be expensive, though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks