• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need very bright lights!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If your looking for a realistic BRIGHT light, I can get some 600watt lights in 28v for not too bad a price.

I run aircraft landing lights on my truck. The bulbs are Q4559 600w28v 8"dia. I found housings on Ebay under landing lights. Lights are very bright long range beams, you can feel the heat from 3 feet away. If you want more PAR 64 bulbs come in a 1000w Photos 2 and 3 taken about 200ft away

Attachments

res0wc18

If your looking for a realistic BRIGHT light, I can get some 600watt lights in 28v for not too bad a price
tell us more about what type they are etc etc.

I run aircraft landing lights on my truck. The bulbs are Q4559 600w28v 8"dia. I found housings on Ebay under landing lights. Lights are very bright long range beams, you can feel the heat from 3 feet away. If you want more PAR 64 bulbs come in a 1000w Photos 2 and 3 taken about 200ft away
can you give us a link or and explanation of the different industrial bulbs etc?

It seems you would have to have a couple banks of the biggest batteries available to run that thing.
i am running two 1000cca deep cycle orbital dry cells, and plan on installing the dual 24v alternator kit from avengeusa that will put out 150 amps of juice. Unless some one knows of a bigger and better setup that isnt a grand like the hmmvv 200 ampers, thats just ridiculous!

If you have a small generator in your truck, get this and be done with it!
too expensive, and im looking for something that can focused or two flood and two euro/ spot beams.

zout

Headlights - I posted it under safety thread a while back:
Trucklight look up part #07370 24v lamps
LED headlights with 10 diode pattern

Worklamps - trucklight 81 series with LED 6 diode pattern part #81270 24v
Floodlamp - trucklifht 81 series also as above part #81250 24v

all it takes is $$$$$$$$.$$

res0wc18

whats the best/brightest remote controlled light then? Besides that 3500 dollar piece of helo equipment... looking for something around 1k or so

zout

Up on Jimmy Carter Ave there are at least 350 illegals hanging out every morning - snatch em all up and buy them flashlights and stick em on top - cheapest way out.

You will be doing me at least a favor.
You should really see any of these lights first hand to decide what you want and what your objectives are - what you want and I are two different thing when we talk about "we want it lit up like daylight".

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check these out.

Acro Lights

They are supplying the military too. I know the distributor out here. The ballast and all needed electrics are in the light itself, no remote starters or ballasts. They work 12 or 24 VDC

NEIOWA

Check our fire service DC scene lights. FRC, Havis, Akron are major brands. Made to be firefighter proof (same as GI proof).

Strykerboy

im going with "go lights" remote controlled lights that move left right up and down and have a joy stick in the cab for them the make 24volt and 12 volt versions and now come standard on the MRAP trucks B.A.E. is makeing awesome lights worked good in iraq and now on the trial.. i'll post some pics of my'n soon..

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
im going with "go lights" remote controlled lights that move left right up and down and have a joy stick in the cab for them the make 24volt and 12 volt versions and now come standard on the MRAP trucks B.A.E. is makeing awesome lights worked good in iraq and now on the trial.. i'll post some pics of my'n soon..
ACR makes some good stuff also, but $$$$.

Let me know which model of 'go lights' you want. I have a connection with one of their distributors and usually get a good price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks