• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need voltage regulator for M35 alternator

Gun Chuck

I had an alternator rebuilt from a 1971 M35A2 deuce. It is labled Southern Automotive Wholesalers Inc Pontiac Michigan Code Ident 1Y875. It needs a replacement 24 V voltage regulator. The regulator is part of the back plate or cover of the alternator.

Anyone with any leads or one they want to sell or trade ?

deuce808

i am curious.. isnt a voltage regulator either working or not, theres no in between right??? my volt meter was going up and down tonite and thinking a voltage regulator may be a problem,, the volts are in the yellow with lights on and in the green with everything off and engine running... what can you advise

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use a volt meter at the batteries, you may just have a bad ground on the dash panel screws or the gauge mount. measure voltage before starting, then start it and measure voltage again. It should be higher when running. If it is not or it is "bouncing" then you need to find the problem. I would bet your dash panel is not grounding well or your gauge is going bad.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gun Chuck,

If you know for sure it's the regulator, call Southern Automotive...google them, they are still in business and still supplying the govt.

deuce808

i have determined that I have a generator.. its seems to be putting out just under28v like 27.7V..... as i turn on the accessories( lights on high beam, heater, flashers ect) the voltage goes down to upper 26v area... is this normal... do i need to up the voltage from the generator.. and the batteries are JUST covered by acid, should i add distilled water to a specific level.... does this 2v fluctuaton indicate anything i should address now....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks