• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need your help: 7.4l 454, 4l80 M1008

trukhead

I would love to have this truck.:mrgreen:

I would put higher lift springs on it to install rebuilt rockwells, enough lift to level out the drive shafts, sitting in my garage under it,:jumpin:

a c30 chassis steering box for cross steering in it, m35A3 rims and tires under it, that I also have in my garage. :eek:

Why, Why not, and I'd like to wear out my take off 14.5 x 20 tires and it would be interesting to drive around, WI licensing has change for CUCVs and this would almost be legal.[thumbzup]

I see conceptual Military Vehicles:tin hat:

D%@m, I might have to wiggle the axles outa that M1008 down below for this Mind fart.......no no ...........ma.....ybe........would a 6.2 power it?.....could I put the m1008 backk to original if I didn't make it to permanent?.........:cookoo::jumpin::roll:aua

baddy3

quick update, talked to the owner, its 7.4 454 Vrotec, 4l80e transmission, np208- engine and trans installed new in 2000, they kept the transfer box.....and to my surprise the guy works for Chevrolet dealership and knows the car history, said the embassy had no problems with the car and they only changed engine oil couple of times and trans fluid once....has odbII, but they did not want to make connection as a backdoor to rip off the embassy in case of some problems...I'll go and see it next week, asks approx. 6700$, but with a bit of haggling it should go down... thanks to all of you, I'll keep you posted.....

baddy3

Nope, I had to leave the country for three months and when came back I had different priorities on my list, but I often catch myself thinking about it:(

Jim I'll send you a PM later...

Munchies

Thats a 96-98 blackbox ECM. If its a 96/97 version its kind of lame. 98/99 can be tuned and modified. Or you can repin the harness VERY easily and swap the very popular chevy 0411 ECM, which is VERY desireable and tunable. Whatever is there I am sure will be fine. Looks like they ordered a factory GM engine harness for a pickup. Nice clean job!