• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Needed - m1009 Parts in VA

ecivic

Well this is it, new/ued M1009. I know that the enevitable **BUMP** will come up but the problem comes down to the 18 hours of searching, reading and skimming over the thousands of articles listed.

I have been looking for parts for the M1009, I found several websites and prices that are cheap compared to other vehicles. But the problem is I am a Full time everything right now (student, parent, work, and reserves) so I do not have the exstensive hours to dedicate to finding all the bits and pieces I need, so.......

I purchased my M1009 from the SC Forestry in columbia; normal deal, parts missing, some over 100 dollars, some under.

My folks picked the truck up and took plenty of pictures, but basically, the guy down there took a basic picture of another truck, and stripped the parts off of it (not sure if it was for himself or let someone take them off), and when he was asked about those things he hesitated and appeared to bypass the answers.:-x

Basically I am trying to get the truck back to normal....
List of things missing......

1) Dash pad
2) Voltmeter gauge
3) Tailgate window
4) Tailgate window crank
5) Tailgate window mechanics or guts
6) Driver side door window crank and inside mechanics
7) A matching rim. need 1 more to match back rim.
8) Antenna brackets, antenna's
9) Transmission shift knob
10) He said the transmission was bad, th400.

and a list of other things, and I know, you get what you pay for.

If anyone has some of these things that they can let go for the CHEAP!!!!!
I am not looking for hand outs, but if you happen to have any few things laying around and you say to your self, 'maybe', let me know. I live in Virginia and I am going to South Carolina this coming weekend(6/20 - 6/21) to look at the truck for the first time, try to get it running and create the all inclusive list of parts.

Anyone here or there want to help out, give information on where to go, who to talk to????

Ultimately I would like to get it to the point so I can drive it back in time for the Virginia MV rally.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you tried local salvage yards? If not, that is a good place to start. You should be able to get the door and window parts there. I doubt you'll find a dash pad in great shape but anything is better than what you have. My second recomendation is LMC Truck parts. The voltmeter is special, 28V, someone on this site may have extras. Good luck!

ecivic

Thanks, I have tried the salvage yards in virginia, it is like christmas when a new vehicle comes in, if you are not there that day then you are out of luck.

I found www.truckandcarshop.com located in California and their prices are cheaper than LMC.

Basically with everything that I need I am looking at a tab over $1,000.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot about Truck & Car Shop. I've dealt with them in the past, and not only are most of their prices lower but they seem to have many more parts available for the Blazers. Have you checked the trans to see if it is good or bad? That could be a deciding factor on how much more you want to spend. You may also consider holding off on buying parts at retail until a parts truck shows up on GL in your area.

ecivic

I have not looked at the trans so I do not know the condition. This week I am spending 200 clams on batteries, so I can attempt to start the M1009. A guy from around the corner from me, gets a few trucks in here and there and parts them out. He mainly uses it as source of income. I cant afford those prices.

I wanted to also add that I have the ability and capabilities of sewing, so if anyone wanted to exchange parts for upholstery services???

stampy

Gov liquidation. I got mine for 1500 and could have driven it home. Then you have a nice parts truck! Seriously I have heard just the axles in your CUCV are worth well over 2 K so try Richmond GL and try to bid on one that starts and runs. Just my 2cents.:-D

ecivic

I can agree with you, but the thing of it is I have this twing in the bottom of my stomach that says this truck runs and just needs some love. Plus I do not want to just piece it out like a barbie doll in a 7 year old boys GI Joe play pen.

On top of that, the body only has three rust spots.

Well here are some pictures of my handy work from three years ago. (Proof that I do have SOME skill)

Attachments

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As for your batteries, go to Walmart, their best one I think is only $75ea. No need to go top of the line.