• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Needed - Thermo Power Unit MEP-003a

mikemarti

:popcorn:Well working on getting the old generator running and with alot of help she runs and powers up fine. Noticed the Thermo Power Unit Shutter wasn't opening after 15 minutes running in 50 degree weather. Pulled off the Thermo Power Unit per the manuals instructions and placed it in some heated oil - never even twitched. So now I am looking to replace it - any suggestions?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:popcorn:Well working on getting the old generator running and with alot of help she runs and powers up fine. Noticed the Thermo Power Unit Shutter wasn't opening after 15 minutes running in 50 degree weather. Pulled off the Thermo Power Unit per the manuals instructions and placed it in some heated oil - never even twitched. So now I am looking to replace it - any suggestions?
The shutters on my MEP-003A genset never open unless the load is significant. In 50 deg weather, I don't think mine would ever open. However, when the load is high in hot weather they open fine. If you need one, Delks is another source. http://www.delksarmynavysurplus.com

Last edited:

mikemarti

Tested Bad

Thanks for the link I will call on Monday.

I have read that load and temperature play a part in the shutters opening. Just to verify that it could work we pulled it per the TM and tested it in heated oil - it never functioned.

Thanks!

Grega

I just ran my mep003 a few day ago with no load for 30 minutes, was in the 50's, the shudders never did open. But they did work this last summer, with and without load. I would wait till next summer to see if it works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks