• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Needin some opinions!!??!?!?!?!?

SimpleMindedJohn

Hey there!! Still looking for my first, and have been leaning towards something like this. The price seems right... or am I in over my head trying to tackle this and make it a "Mobile man cave/ instead of sleeping on the couch when the wife finds out i bought this deuce man camper"

1969 kaiser military 6x6 diesel

Let me know what you think. Oh by the way the price is 250,000,000....its a typo so dont any of you deucers out deuce my deucingness and buy this one before i do... lets pretend it is out of your price ranges....

scooter01922

"lost title" uh yeah sure buddy. GET A TITLE. Otherwise, looks ok from that one pic.

Who said it has a blown motor Varyag???

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could be a good deal depending on condition. I tend to suspect problems with trucks like this. If you are going to sell a truck I'd think at the very least you would buy some batteries for it so prospective buyers could start it. It could be sitting in a hole but it looks like it has a flat front tire also.

The add says $2,500 but when you look at the bottom of the page it list the price at $3,000.

Forgot to mention no title. I wouldn't buy the truck with no title.

Last edited:

SimpleMindedJohn

I dont think it has a blown motor, i think he just listed it as having a multifuel, i can see how it would seem that way. If it runs and drives and is in good condition, i havent found much in the 2500 range. Seems like a fair price. If you click the link for more pics, he was asking 4500. Title is a pain but Im sure for several hundred dollars, a few cases of beer and some cursing and fighting for a few months, i might be able to get one... (haha) Wouldnt be a problem i dont think for being an on site man camper, got friends with hundreds of acres of hunting land... that would be its primary use. Thanks guys!!

Csm Davis

go 5 ton

There is another one im looking at for 2K its a 5 ton 6x6 its in oklahoma city craigslist looks pretty sweet but might be too much for a first MV...
less money more truck, whats to think about? it closer and probaly better deal if you get a title with it. I am just a little bias to the bigger trucks :twisted: they ride better easy to get parts regular big truck stuff fits most.2cents

dabtl

If it is licensed in Texas someone had a title. A duplicate would be easy to obtain and the seller could simply sign it over.

Scarecrow1

No title no sale . This is a topic that has been a sore spot for me and others . The difference is plain ,with a title yor have a drive able truck , without it you have a parts truck . Is the money you think you will save worth the long long long wait and legal paper work you will have to suffer, before you drive it???? In the state I live in I know it isn't A friend bought a jeep like that only to find out 8 months later it was stolen and the FBI repoed his jeep . All he had for 8 thousand dollars was a paper from the judge ordering him to release the Jeep. Do you think your wife would understand that ????. Make them provide the title before the sale and make sure theres no leans on it too.

GoHot229

No TITLE DON'T do it...........Your just asking for trouble, look through posts here on the forum. The fact is that the feds have got hip to theives trying to liscense and get titles, and those states where it was done have tightened up or eleminated titles you could buy with minimal effort. It's just a parts/scrap vehicle without a title, not even good for anything offroad unless it's your own property. Off-road tags take a title too. SO.....yea it looks nice from the picture, but if the motor is blown take off $1000-$1500 ......so that makes it pretty much worthless unless you part out whats there, and yea someone would surely want the Box and mabe axles, but you can get parts trucks for cheap all around the US. I'm afraid its not worth your headaches likely to come with it.

SimpleMindedJohn

Well, i got a response from the guy about the title, he says he has 2 for sale both inherited from his brother. He is working on getting a title, he says he might be able to. The motor is not blown by the way... it runs and drives he claims. Worth 2500 if he has title in hand and is as advertised?

GoHot229

Ok mabe were asumeing by the wording ...."needs batteries, Multifuel" mabe thats not indicating he motor is blown, rather what it has in it.....that is probably more likely, but if it is blown, well.......no-go period.
If he can get a title, your good to go, and it is a good deal, just a tiny bit steep.....average...........aaaa.

Last edited:

SimpleMindedJohn

I realize that blown motor is a no go. IT IS NOT A BLOWN MOTOR, not sure where you are all getting this I have talked with him he says the motor is just fine. My question is, If he can get a title, I look at it, it runs and drives and looks good to go, is it worth the 2500... oh by the way, the motor ISNT blown lol!!!!!!:-D