• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Needin some opinions!!??!?!?!?!?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WITH a title, it's probably worth that much, especially if you don't have to have it flat hauled any distance. I own two of them (M109's), but neither of mine are turbo's. The one with all the extra pictures showed a "C" turbo. Be prepared to change the oil and add DOT 5 brake fluid before moving it and probably put some grease in the zerks - see the lube order in the manuals section for a complete description of what to check. Good Luck!

GoHot229

Its a toss-up now, ofcourse it needs a bed, easy enough to get, the top also easy enough, the 'good' tires make it worth a bit, I'd go with this.
Ok and we'v setteled the thing about the blown motor thing....not. Now both are looking good, prefference leaning on the 5 ton

Attachments

SimpleMindedJohn

The 5 ton is local here, about 20 minutes from me. I emailed the guy and am trying to set up a time to go look at it. Problem is I'm not sure what to look for on it... Any trouble spots and key things i should look for?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another case of confusion because of bad grammar. His sales post said it needed batteries, multifuel engine. Sounded like it needed both. At any rate, that has been cleared up. With a title in hand (not in the mail) it's not a bad deal barring any significant rust on the box. I'd take it on a long test drive. Some problems, like bad air pack, only show up after some considerable driving. As far as the 5 tonner, I think I'd avoid that. It's an M139 chassis used to make the M328 bridge truck. That means it's over width. It also is most likely sporting the R6602 gas engine. A good motor but at 2 to 3 MPG, not efficient. Don't get me wrong, the 5 tonner is a great truck, just not a great first truck that you would want to drive around.

Last edited:

SimpleMindedJohn

I kinda thought the 5 ton would be a little much. I've just seen some awesome builds on the m109s and I was sorta thinking to buy now invest later deal. I deploy in may and upon my return would have the extra cash to totally create an awesome offroad camper. I hunt and fish and camp alot in my crappy little tent with the wife all the time... was thinking 2500 + X amount to get it awesome would still be less than an RV or something not so big man qualified. Either way, if this isnt the one, i will find one!! Thanks Recovry4x4 for the info on the 5 ton. That would be more than i am wanting for sure.