• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Needing Directions and maybe a contact number to Howards Salvage Yard

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you talking about Howard Hammonds? If so, it's gone. All sold to the scraper a few years ago.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was there before the scraper came in and was also one of the last ones to buy something from him. Last time I was there about all that was left is two winches and a bunch of tires. I bought one of the winches.

I kick myself in the rear for not trying to save more of the stuff before it got scraped. You would not believe how much stuff was there and how fast they cut it up and hauled it off. It was one of the last yards that I know of that would let you look around all you wanted, pull off whatever you needed, and pay a good price for the stuff.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is absolutely nothing left at Hammonds yard. I've heard tell of a yard around the Ft. Knox area but I haven't been there. We lost alot of the salvage yards when the price of scrap went up. :-(

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a thread showing another smaller yard in KY or TN several years ago. Just start going through the salvage yard pages. There is another.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a guy no too far from me that had a little stuff (unless he's scraped it too). I've never been there but I have talked to the guy on the phone. He was kind of an a-hole on the phone so I never have went to his place to look around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks