• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Neighbor issue's here in WV

66Reo6X6

Sorry to hear of your troubles. As to licensing vehicles here in North Dakota we have two options for older ones A: Collector plates, one time fee, no inspection, must be at least 25 years old, limitations- Can drive only to and from parades, or to have it serviced B: Antique plates, one time fee of $10.00, no inspection, must be 40 years old or older, can be driven whenever, limitations- can not do anything with it that you could profit from. And of coarse you need ins for either.
As far as nosy neighbors go I have to be careful what I leave parked outside my shop even though it is zoned as commercial property. The city has ordinances concerning Quote- junk or abandoned vehicles... heck a few years back they tried to charge me with a felony because I was supposedly in violation of one of their ordinances. My lawyer took care of that, they dropped the charges. Can anybody say Harassment Lawsuit! They tried it again this past summer. Was rearranging things in the shop for winter and moved a few unlicensed vehicles outside. Hadn't been out a week when I get a letter and pictures of the offending vehicles in the mail. So I do my homework and call a couple of the city councilmen and ask them if the ordinances had changed lately because the last time I reviewed the it was legal for an unlicensed vehicle to sit on my property for 60 days. Was told nothing had changed and I was legal. Then went to the next city meeting and addressed the issue in person. Found out they where too lazy to do their homework and assumed I was in violation of the ordinance. Can anybody say Harassment Lawsuit! AGAIN And if that isn't enough somebody has the gaul to shoot up the windshields on my vehicles:mad::soapbox::rant:
Ok I have said my piece and feel better.... somewhat.

KsM715

Reo, get a security cam. Im pretty sure recklessly discharging a firearm inside the city limits (In probably every town in the U.S.A.) IS a felony.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reo, get a security cam. Im pretty sure recklessly discharging a firearm inside the city limits (In probably every town in the U.S.A.) IS a felony.
The great state of TEXAS has a "Castle Law" that reaffirms the individual's right to bear arms (and use them) in the protection/defense of his person, family, and property so long as he feels threatened. Therein, grand juries have no-billed those who have exercised that right.

Hence, if they have raised a weapon, aimed toward your property (and presumably you) you have the Texas Legislature behind you to use deadly force in your own defense.

just my 2cents

Unfortunately, this is difficult to apply to renegade code enforcers, neighbors and the like.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Geez I'm glad I live in the country in Ohio. One of my trucks has nothing, no tag or insurance and I can park it out in front of the house for as long as my wife will let me.

(Ok, so there is a downside...) ;-)

sw
Aint that the truth.

I live on 45ac out in the country but I do have a HOA. The HOA only has only one member but has alot of authority. That one member is my wife. :wink:

I get alot of complaints on the stuff I haul in but it usually dies down after I move it out of sight from the house.

My HOA also requires the yard to stay in good shape and flowers kept up in front of the porch. :cry:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would the Code Enforcer throwing his book at you be considered a weapon?? :)
Hmmmm... I guess if he ACTUALLY throws it at you with anger and hostility in his eyes you might could shoot 'em - LOL But on the other hand.... would your REALLY feel "threatened" by that???

Of course, the other reason Texans can cite for shooting someone is simply, "Beacuse the varmint deserved to be shot!" . . . . :cookoo:

....But we digress....

We now return you to the orignal intent of this thread..........
(sorry for the hijacking)

Carry on, soldiers:jumpin::driver:

Mudstone

so the he needed killin' still stands in texas?! lol in CT there is not even a stand your ground clause. it's flee or take the bullets. anyone i have heard of who fired in self defence has been found guilty. Ugh i can't wait to more to OK

Yohan

The worst part is he didnt even have the decency to knock on my door and say anything to me. He took pictures of it to the city code inspector instead.
See this? This is cowardice. A low-life, puke, ne'er-do-well who doesn't have the balls to voice what he "feels" to the person who makes him feel it! Instead he runs to this figment of the liberal-weenie imagination- "The Codes Enforcement Officer!" These are scoundrel days, my friends. Send your friendly neighborhood "codes enforcement officer" a card every year, telling him to stuff it where the sun doesn't shine. The coward and the code-dope should hang their heads in shame and take their own lives for lack of win. If they fail in that respect, I'll pay for their boat ride to Cuba.:-D

Last edited:

Goose2448

See this? This is cowardice. A low-life, puke, ne'er-do-well who doesn't have the balls to voice what he "feels" to the person who makes him feel it! Instead he runs to this figment of the liberal-weenie imagination- "The Codes Enforcement Officer!" These are scoundrel days, my friends. Send your friendly neighborhood "codes enforcement officer" a card every year, telling him to stuff it where the sun doesn't shine. The coward and the code-dope should hang their heads in shame and take their own lives for lack of win. If they fail in that respect, I'll pay for their boat ride to Cuba.
Theses are the problems I am having right now with a Leagaly Tagged Pick Up Truck.

bassetdeuce

Its crap like this that is forcing me to move. Daytona Beach ordinances are the WORST I've ever experienced. I can't even have a dually pickup in the driveway, because it is a "Commercial Vehicle". Of course, the soccer moms here actually carry cameras and report me for BS violations like parking/loading a trailer over the weekend (which according to city code I can, but the enforcement officer uses her own discretion against me). I can't park any vehicle on the street in front of the house either, or the backyard. On top of that we have a busybody HOA/neighborhood watch, with get this -- "street captains".

Some of us need to get together and establish a town somewhere deep in the woods. Only you must own at least 1 deuce, 1 5ton, 1 CUCV, and a half dozen trailers. Minimum.

66Reo6X6

"Some of us need to get together and establish a town somewhere deep in the woods. Only you must own at least 1 deuce, 1 5ton, 1 CUCV, and a half dozen trailers. Minimum." bassetdeuce

Sounds like an excellent idea. I didn't mention earlier but I also have a few acres ouside of town. The closest neighbor is three miles away. And the neighbor four miles from me runs a salvage yard. So needless to say out here they leave me and my 100 or so vehicles alone. Does having seven mobile homes in your yard count?:grd:

Yohan

It's ironic, isn't it, that the scoundrels should be running for the hills and not the freedom loving folk? But there it is... that little spark that started America from Americans who wanted to be left alone to fail or prosper at their own hand and not under the thumb of another! That proverbial place in the "woods" where the easiest thing to do is leave someone alone unless you want to make friends or lend a helping hand. At least we can dream!!!
:beer:

Last edited:

5tonpuller

OR they just need to mind there own business and leave us alone. Had one of them here. They moved away a year after they got here. :cookoo: bye bye waves

Nickathome

Its really sad when lowlife neighbors can get the local politico wheels turning over nothing more than what they perceive as an "eye sore". Well dumbass, you look at the sun and it hurts your eyes, what do you do? You look somewhere else!!!!!

I can understand a neighbor complaining if there is a real health risk to the community like say a property owner willfully storing tons of noxious chemicals in leaking drums, or has rat infested garbage strewn about the property etc. But the simple sight of something like an MV parked on the land, that has no more danger to the community than the man in the moon....No friggin way.....

Last edited:

vtwinpilot

What cracks me up is the fact yuppie's will take a rusting piece of machinery like a tractor or plow, place it at an angle in their front yard and call it "art". If my CUCV is designated limited "parade" I may as well do the same.

gel69

I am not sure this always a neighbors complaint that trigger a code enforcement visit.....remember that times are difficult and local goverments are starving for cash ....so they will try everything possible to generate revenue.......:sad:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks