• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Neighborhood problems? Hide your deuce.

Scrounge41

Here's what I did to keep the neighbors happy. Funny thing is, I've had 5 people ask me where my truck is, two of whom are friends who walked down the sidewalk into the house. I've had no problems with complaints and we don't have a HOA. The shot of the jerry can is to show how I have it secured. Simple and I paid about $6. for some hardened chain. The paint is Sherwin-Williams and I'm really happy with the results, except I'm not sold on the brown I picked but it is growing on me.

Attachments

rogersn67

That seems to have worked out well... good camo job! Just curious, do you leave the chain and lock on while driving or do you take it off, I don't see much chipping of the paint around the can...

91W350

That is a fine looking truck!!

I have one hidden from satellite view...

749 s 5th salina ks - Google Maps

If you zoom in, you can see a tan deuce in the driveway, my 1009 in the driveway, a green deuce behind the garage, almost hidden is another deuce in the back yard and a 1008 in the front driveway, behind the gold Saturn. 8)

Editing to add that I forgot about the 105 ....

Scrounge41

That seems to have worked out well... good camo job! Just curious, do you leave the chain and lock on while driving or do you take it off, I don't see much chipping of the paint around the can...
There is some tension on the chain the way I have it locked so it doesn't rattle. While I had the can holder off for painting I put the chain on with a carriage bolt from the can side and peened the nut on so it couldn't be removed. This way the can is secure and the lid can't be removed.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you zoom in, you can see a tan deuce in the driveway, my 1009 in the driveway, a green deuce behind the garage, almost hidden is another deuce in the back yard and a 1008 in the front driveway, behind the gold Saturn. 8)

Editing to add that I forgot about the 105 ....
So Glen, I always knew your where from the wrong side of the tracks......:wink:

91W350

Guess that is kind of true, if you roll east, there are some really fine homes, 2 million dollar plus homes.... Way out of my budget! I would rather have about 80 acres outside the City and a couple of 50X100 buildings..... along with a six car garage and two bedroom attached house. 8)

M1031CMT

Has me thinking of one of those nature shows on lions.

"The ever stealthful deuce hides nearby, waiting to attack its prey....."

SMOKEWAGON66

Nice looking truck. And good job in covertly placing it lol...Im glad there are no rules about this sort of thing where I live. If anyone complains, I tell em to call the police. When they ask why, I say that a trespasser is about to be shot lol....works every time. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks