• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 1009

NV555

Yes no dents or body damage, light on rust as well.

Seats were in great shape. Dash is a loss and so is the floor mats. Other than that I have not started it yet but it looks good as it came with maint records from a civ repair shop.

It had been in Idaho with the Forest Service when it left Military service. (Dry Part of Idaho) I was told.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great!
Details!!??

At least you have a block heater installed it looks like.
Unique front hitch too.

NV555

I haven't dug too deep into the history. In 2003 it had batteries from NAPA.

Not sure what was going on with the front tow hitch. Maybe they pulled something?

It didn't look all that safe as a way to tow it but never know.

Last edited:

NV555

I just changed out the batteries and it started right up no problems all the fluids are good transmission fluids clean oil is clean. I'll be changing the oil of course but no issues started right up its good runner. It has 51,000 miles on the odometer.

It also came with some extra goodies in the back snow chains jumper cables a shovel a pickaxe a hard hat and a couple other small things came with the Jack spare tire the roadside reflectors.

So far I couldn't be happier

dougco1

I just changed out the batteries and it started right up no problems all the fluids are good transmission fluids clean oil is clean. I'll be changing the oil of course but no issues started right up its good runner. It has 51,000 miles on the odometer.

It also came with some extra goodies in the back snow chains jumper cables a shovel a pickaxe a hard hat and a couple other small things came with the Jack spare tire the roadside reflectors.

So far I couldn't be happier
With some TLC and CUCV TMs, you'll enjoy that ride for years. Congrats, and may your future travels never require any of your extra goodies left in the back.

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks pretty solid. Congrats on you truck. The receiver in the front could be for a receiver mount winch (I've got one on mine) or some other accessory or carrier.

NV555

20180517_124342.jpg
20180517_124330.jpg
20180517_124312.jpg

Just changed the oil and some lube. The rear differential has a leak and the front axle. Heading down to Napa for a few seals. Went to the DMV no troubles other than what the MSRP was.

Other than some of the usual surface rust looks clean on the underbody.

Last edited:

NV555

Yep thinking it is the winch mount as well. Great call thank you.

Wasn't this the PG 13 section?

Thanks for the good catch wasn't watch my spell checker!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks