• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 1009

Boreal21

I picked up a truck from Nellis on Tuesday :) Well, it was really 3 trucks (2 x 1009 and 1 x 1008A1) but 2 of them belong to my boss. We drove as far as Mesquite, NV on Monday night and then made the easy hour final leg to Vegas on Tuesday morning. Chris on base there at Nellis was very helpful and did a pretty good job on the forklift to get the 2 blazers on a 30' goose neck and the 1008 onto a single place car hauler. The return trip was a little more exciting than we would have liked due to a blowout on the rear passenger of the truck pulling the goose neck. Talk about a pucker moment :shock:

Anyway, got them all home and safely unloaded in the yard where I work. After work yesterday I pulled a couple of new batteries out of my 1031 to put in the 1009 and it fired right up! There was just a hint of lifter noise when it first started, but I guess that's to be expected when they've been sitting so long... I'm sure it was bone dry. It quieted right down and it purrs like a lion, just like a 6.2 should.

I know, I know.... nopics

Attachments

Boreal21

2 out of the 3 fired up after getting new batteries. The third is giving us a little grief. There was a little puff of smoke that came from the resistor on the center of the firewall, there was some clicking from the glow plug controller, but not a peep from the starter.

Let the fun begin :drool:

blazerboy

I would take that resistor off and do the 12volt bypass to the glow plug relay.But make sure you have the right relay to do that.Oh do you know about the doghead starter relay fix.You can do a search on here or ask a question,I'm sure somebody will help you.Doghead on here has helped me a lot.:-D

Boreal21

Yeah, this site is full of awesome info. Next steps for that dead blazer (and probably mine too) are to do the doghead relay and the resistor bypass :beer:

Fleg

I actually saw that truck while I was picking mine up from Nellis. Nice 1009. If Chris at Nellis is the same guy I'm thinking he is, he must have been on his good behavior that day.

fuzzyone28

Nice M1009!
Chris helped me out and put my 1009 on my car hauler with forklift too! He was a great help. I have to go to Nellis Tuesday to pick up my m101a2 cant wait.;-)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your driveshafts as they don't get along with forklifts

Boreal21

I actually saw that truck while I was picking mine up from Nellis. Nice 1009. If Chris at Nellis is the same guy I'm thinking he is, he must have been on his good behavior that day.
I was trying to be nice ;) He certainly wasn't the best example of GL customer service I've ever seen, but he did ok.

Check your driveshafts as they don't get along with forklifts
Front driveshaft on my 1009 is barely bent if at all. No vibes yet although I've only gone about 20mph while in 4 Hi. The rear driveshaft on the pickup truck is toast. Anything over 10mph in that thing and your teeth get rattled out of your skull.

Nice truck and trailer.
Thanks! :beer:

Not good...... Do the Doghead Relay Mod.
That's high on the to-do list. Not sure if I'll have time to tackle for a week or more... I'm trying to get my Jeep all ready for the Safari in Moab next week :mrgreen:

Boreal21

Not good...... Do the Doghead Relay Mod.
Finally got a chance to tinker with it yesterday. Come to find out there wasn't a relay at all under the dash :roll: Threw in the doghead relay from Napa and it fired right up. It runs real nice :drool:

Anyway, we ended up 3 for 3 on nice runners with minimal work :cool:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
[thumbzup]

It's amazing how these things work when all the pieces are there. ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks