• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 109 with a few issues I cant find in the Manuals. Need help from the old soldiers

RumRunner742

I've managed to fix everything but these two issues,

1st: I have a air leak under the dash which will only let the tanks get to 60psi. I traced it to this valve that is leaking out of a port on the right hand side (right hand side of steering colum, next to colum brace), but I cannot find anything unplugged, hanging or disconnected. It has an electrical wire that runs to the buzzer (which doesnt work) and a air line that goes to the valve that provides air to air gauge, wipers, and front axle. I spent 3 hrs in the manuals and nothing.

2nd. My blinkers do not work. The turn signal lever will stay lit and the lights will stay solid, but no blinking. Traced this to the box on the inside fender and found a cannon plug with a jumper that was exposed to the elements. Not really sure where to go with this one, as I'm not a spark chaser. If anyone has any info it would be very helpful. Thanks, Brian

valve.jpgblinker box.jpg109.jpg

shenkmen

Re: New 109 with a few issues I cant find

Search here for the deuce wiring diagram. I see metal number tags on the wires in the picture. Match those numbers up to the wiring diagram.

PETE BALLARD

Air leak - hook unit to air source , build air in the truck systems and listen for the hissen. If you cannot hear it start soaking the air lines and valves down with a soapy water solution + look for bubbles. Pay attention to the exhaust ports of the air valves. Determination to overcome is all you need = good luck

Blendmaster2002

RumRunner- the valve by the steering column is the sending unit for the air buzzer, when air is going out the port it can mean its internal diaphragm has went bad and you need a new one, or it can mean that its got corrosion from condensation and needs taken apart and cleaned usually with soap detergent, maybe a scotch bright on the housing, clean the internal electrical contacts, then use a compressor and blow off the parts dry them and reassemble, your buzzer should work again. When taking the unit out of the truck Do Not Pull on the electrical especially the bottom one or you will stretch the rubber and it will leak there when reassembled (guess how I know). Once you have it off the truck (a pain to get to with a heater) you will notice it has two places to put a wrench the upper one that the top plug in comes out of you hold with a wrench to keep it from turning and ripping up the seated diaphragm then either with a vise or another person with a crescent wrench on the body ofthe unit, unscrew the large retaining nut. I have had 2 trucks do this, one went great, the other started leaking when reassembled out the port again, but luckily I was able to slightly turn the part I told you not too and seat the diaphragm when it was under air pressure, but since the electrical was so hard to get apart I must have pulled down to hard so it has a minor air leak there so I will probably need to replace it at some point.

Last edited:

shenkmen

Re: New 109 with a few issues I cant find in the Manuals

Search here for the deuce wiring diagram. I see metal number tags on the wires in the picture. Match those numbers up to the wiring diagram.
Searching for schematic and/or m35a2 might provide better search results.

RumRunner742

Blendmaster you were spot on! Tore the valve apart and cleaned everything and now the system will get 110-115psi at idle. The cap was less than had tight and the valve was full of dirt. Just have to replace the blinker relay and I think it'll be road worthy.Thanks for your help!
valve (2).jpg