• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new 20w50 oil

notsosanestan

i got 7 quarts of castrol 20w50 for free its prob like 5 years old can i run this in my truck? not in the oil in the tank

rnd-motorsports

:ditto: As stated YES its getting cold in your neck of the woods like mine so I would put some deisel in with it FREE is always good I strain my used oil and add 2 maybe 3 gals with about 6 or 7 gals of deisel every time with no problems. I slack up a bit now its getting colder but 7 qts and 4/5 gals of fuel no problem![thumbzup]

donalloy1

u guys are adding motor to fuel on 6.2's? that something i have not heard yet. i am assuming this will help my 6.2 how??? been using stanadyne additive. not sure if its helping at all. heard its great for pump seals and top end? :???:

rnd-motorsports

Yes have done it for awhile. Have a friend that has one on 75% veg oil for about 3 years now gets it from resterants filters it in a system he has in his garage and puts it in his 1008 He has a 12volt fuel heater inline to heat it before it get to the engine but no problems the engine is alot quiter. I still have no smoke on mine have run as much as about 35% UMO not even had filter problems.:driver:

CUCV85

Is good 20w50, but 15w50 is very good, or 10w60 for winter. MOTUL.
Alles gute!!!
i plan on adding a quart everytime i fill up
Yes have done it for awhile. Have a friend that has one on 75% veg oil for about 3 years now gets it from resterants filters it in a system he has in his garage and puts it in his 1008 He has a 12volt fuel heater inline to heat it before it get to the engine but no problems the engine is alot quiter. I still have no smoke on mine have run as much as about 35% UMO not even had filter problems.:driver:
u guys are adding motor to fuel on 6.2's? that something i have not heard yet. i am assuming this will help my 6.2 how??? been using stanadyne additive. not sure if its helping at all. heard its great for pump seals and top end? :???:
Oh ell yea......virgin oil.....pour it straight in and top off the tank.
i got 7 quarts of castrol 20w50 for free its prob like 5 years old can i run this in my truck? not in the oil in the tank
Give the free 20w 50 oil to someone else if your not using it in the crank case of a race car!
Read the threads - do not add transmission fluid or Engine Oil to the Diesel Fule!!!
I know - I know - I have heard of fellas with OLD dump trucks and Semi Trucks that add a quart or 2 of transmission Fluid
or Clean Motor oil to 100-200 gallons of Diesel Fuel.
Our 6.2's and 6.5's should only use additives Example being Howes or Power Service OR Stanadyne additives.
Year Round Use
Power Service Or Howes - couple lugs <--- :)
16-20oz WallyWorld 2-stroke oil (the TCW-3)
8oz of "gunk brand" sulfur substitute
per 25 gals of #2 diesel.:jumpin:

Last edited:

zang

And I believe that good oil for burning in a tank of diesel is especially 2-stroke oil TC-W3, which is used outboard engines for boats that have water cooled.
In contrast I think engine oil, especially the virgin, which besides providing lubrication, have to be fireproof, so not much burning. Where does evil, that diesel power decreases.
Ok could burn the oil, industrial transformer cooling, or cooking oil and that 50-50% compared with diesel. But in this case for maximum performance, I would install an electric preheater for starting a preheater and then to circulate water through the engine for ensuring a good flow.