• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 3-piece M-37 Fuel Pump

dogtags

On the way home from Poof Stock 2011 the Museum's M-37 had a slight mechanical issue. As I was tooling down Highway 26 at a blistering 40 MPH, I suddenly lost power. I coasted down the hill and got safely off to the side of the road. Lifting the hood, I started to diagnose the problem. Hmmmm... The aftermarket fuel filter that goes between the carb and pump is bone dry. That's not good, let's take a look at the pump. WHAT!?!?!?! I can wiggle it with my hand! This ain't good.

It seems that it thought a three piece fuel pump might be the way to go. Turned out it was not. There I sat until poof came on by and helped me out. First, he brought me a new pump and when that one petered out also, he towed me back to my his place. skinnedknuckles hauled it up the 60 miles to Oshkosh so I didn't have to make a return trip. Than you so much guys!

Any thoughts on why it might have broken?

BTW, I just installed the new pump this morning that I got from John Bizal at Midwest Military. Runs like a top again.

Anyways, on to the pictures!

Attachments

zout

Good help from a great bunch of memebrs there I see - way to go and glad you got it.,

As far as the guessing what may have occurred - I put on my magical physic aluminum tin foil cap - it could have been the surface mount to the block had an obstruction causing the flange on the pump not to sit flush before tightening it down ??

Or the bolts overtightened causing the break to the flange mount ?

I am only good for two guess's before the power dries out on the tin foil hat and I have to recharge it.

Glad you can get it going and it was something simple in the end.[thumbzup]

zak

Pump arm frozen or seized, so when cam lobe moved to its farthest point it was either the pump or the cam to give. Lucky it wasn't the cam.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks