• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 37

mangus580

Many of you know, I made the trip to Aberdeen on friday to pick up my latest project. I need to thank Ferro tons. He went to tons of effort to help me out and make sure this truck made the trip from SC to MD for me. Including swapping out tires, and towing it up. Ferro, I cant thank you enough for the help!

Also... Cabell, who helped tow it up from his place. Thanks!

Not to mention.... All the help from various guys with loading..... Including Pinkie, Brandon (AMGeneral), and many others (forget who all was there helping).

It was a trip in & out, getting the M37 and a snowplow that I had acquired from a guy in VA. I estimate my towed load to have been about 10k, and the wife's Burb did the job nicely the whole way home.

As for the M37.... Its much better than I had expected. It appears that the cab and hood are the only things in sad shape. The frame seems to have original paint on it still, and the bed is solid. Tailgate is in need of very minor repair, and all the fenders appear to be about flawless.

I think I now have enough parts to start and finish the project.

Enjoy the pics...

Attachments

citizensoldier

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Picture gnome falling off cliff...Pointy hat facing down... No respect I tell ya! NO respect.. aua

citizensoldier

RE: Re: RE: New 37

On a upside note.. We all saved her from the scrap yard and thats what realy counts.. :D [thumbzup]
Good job guys.. I figure if I cant save it, get it to someone who can.. This is one of the great things about Steel Soldiers..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: New 37

Who's yard will be adorned with that truck? Doesn't look too bad, is it a multifuel? LOL

mangus580

Re: RE: Re: RE: New 37

Recovry4x4 said:
Who's yard will be adorned with that truck? Doesn't look too bad, is it a multifuel? LOL
It now sits at my parents.... Happy Mothers Day Mom! (she sure was impressed :roll: )

No... not a multi!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: New 37

You should put a multi in it! :D

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You forgot about me. I was there laughing at the pile of rust on the trailer! :D

Just kidding. It looked pretty good, I've seen worse come back from the dead. Good to see you again, mangus, sorry you had to leave right away.

CGarbee

It towed really well behind my XM813... Never even knew that it was behind me to be honest... It looked like you had some decent metal to work with. Hopefully, the 100amp charging system will be in working order as well, you don't see many of those still installed these days...

Good to see you at the show, even if only briefly.

mangus580

CGarbee said:
Hopefully, the 100amp charging system will be in working order as well, you don't see many of those still installed these days....
Funny you say that... I now have 2 complete systems like this

rofl

citizensoldier

Wow!@! That video is almost as fun as watching paint dry! rofl Now lets see some video of that M37 waking up from a long sleep.. Is the motor free? need some distributor parts? I see its been taken apart.. That regulator looks funny.. Got some close ups? Is there a rectifier in front of the radiator? LOL

mangus580

Might be a week or so before we get to attempt starting it.

Yes that is the rectifier in front of the radiator... 100 amp system. Both my 37's have it

Rich, yeah, I still have the other one. Goal is to use the best of everything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks