• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 37

Tanner

Truck looks good, Mangus, but I'm not too sure about the interior mounted spare tire carrier - you lose passenger carryin' capability, don't you? :lol:

"Tanner"

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget about those of us who had to act as counterweights for the teeter-totter feature on your tilt bed trailer until we got the front wheels of the truck on :grd:

We also now know the answer to "how many guys does it take to roll a M37 on a tilt bed trailer when the come-along breaks?" Between 6 & 8 is the correct answer.

Seriously though, that truck has a lot of potential - even the toolboxes are pretty clean inside.
Chad

mangus580

Oldvw2 said:
Don't forget about those of us who had to act as counterweights for the teeter-totter feature on your tilt bed trailer until we got the front wheels of the truck on
did you feel like you were back in grade school again Chad?

:lol:

BTW... what did you pay for your winch?

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mangus580 said:
did you feel like you were back in grade school again Chad?

:lol:
Heck yeah - I was waiting for someone to hop off and launch me into the air 8)

Glad that comealong hook didn't get anyone when it went flying too.
Chad

mdog

now I know

I saw that m37 late last year when I went to Wagner SC to look at 3 m37's that a guy had posted on G741.com. I was the first one there and picked an orange painted one that was an early model(53) because it was to be a parts doner to my unrestored 52 model. I thought the other two were in good shape and wondered what happened to them. The owner let me take an air cleaner and side racks off of one of them and I left with a smile on my face. He was a real nice guy to trade with and just didn't want to see them crushed so he sold them for scrap value. I thought it was expensive to go 130 miles to get it and now look where one went.

mangus580

RE: now I know

Sure!!! you stole my air cleaner!!!

rofl

I assume the side racks came off the other one? as mine has parts of the racks.....

mdog

I can't remember what came off which one but if I hadn't run out of time I would have picked them clean. The other two would have been a great project and I wondered if I should have picked one of those B1 models. I wasn't sure if the engine and trans were the same so I went for the closer year model. I was too lazy or cheap to go back and get the other two. I sure didn't need 4 unrestored M37's sitting around.

mangus580

The more the merrier! I have 2 now :)

I am glad you didnt pick them clean... I may not have bought mine if that were the case.

BTW, another SS member has the other one....

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oldvw2 said:
Don't forget about those of us who had to act as counterweights for the teeter-totter feature on your tilt bed trailer until we got the front wheels of the truck on :grd: . . . . . .
Chad
Here is a pic that I swiped from the photo gallery ( I believe courtesy of HMMWV ?? )

(Left to Right)
Me(right side ballast), Pinkie ( center ballast), Mangus (operating come-a-long), Ferro (operating steering wheel), Chad (left side ballast)

Attachments

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Junkyard Wars Crusher said:
Here is a pic that I swiped from the photo gallery ( I believe courtesy of HMMWV ?? )

(Left to Right)
Me(right side ballast), Pinkie ( center ballast), Mangus (operating cum-a-long), Ferro (operating steering wheel), Chad (left side ballast)
Aye Matey! Tis good to see Pinkie "The Gordons Fisherman" made it in that pic.
Chad

Tanner

The cool part is that I was driving up the convoy route late last week after Cabell & company headed north - was able to pick up a few M37 parts form the raod that will work great on my truck... rofl

Hahahaha! Gorton's Fisherman - that shite is too funny!

"Tanner"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks