• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 5-ton Brush Fire Truck Arrived

NEIOWA

I'll bet you can find some buyers for that dropside bed. Might clear enough to buy an Alum flatbed.

CloverFireCo

Plans for it at the moment, (this will probably change) 600gallon water tank, 300 gpm pump, 7500 watt generator. Would like to put all the pump controls in the cab along with valves to control a spray bar at the front, and the remote turret gun that I want to build for the front.

I am sure the front bumper will be going to make room for a beefed up bumper and guards for the front. I think I have found a winch for it but am unsure if we are going to put that on or not.

We would like to leave enough clear room at the rear of the bed to be able to load 2 ATV's and haul them to the fire scene, not sure how that will work out. Might just go the route of finding another trailer to do that with. We did have a trailer in the past but got rid of it as we didn't have a use for it at the time.

So how much is a drop side bed worth? An aluminum bed will save us weight but wouldn't do that if it was going to cost us a bunch.

Chris

NEIOWA

CloverFireCo said:
So how much is a drop side bed worth? An aluminum bed will save us weight but wouldn't do that if it was going to cost us a bunch.

Chris
Drop side is great as at least allows to remove the sides for FD use. We priced out a new Al bed from a local Mfg. With guard rails etc for our FD use and I think was around $5k. We were able to find a good used bed for aroudn $1300 which we modified and worked out great. www.stanleyiowa.com

NEIOWA

For those converting mil veh for FD use.

If you need 6TL batteries contact Exide (or perhaps other mfg as well). Exide will donate 2nds/blems to FD at no cost. We have an Exide plant that makes truckloads of 6TL so works very easy for us.

acetomatoco

The Marine Corps 5 ton body off the M813A1 has drop sides and is aluminum I believe... Have your State Screener check em out... ACE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks