• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 5 ton owner-- finally

Sambor

Won the bid for a M931A2 in Norman Oklahoma yesterday. Shows 196 miles and 15 hours. Running condition unknown right now. I just hope won't take much to get it going so I can drive it the 184 miles to Fort Worth. Otherwise, it will have to be towed to a friends shop in Edmond Oklahoma. Do the trucks normally have any fuel in them? It is located at a National Guard site, but I doubt the Guard has anything to do with the trucks anymore. Any advice or scolding will be appreciated and tolerated. Thanks,, John

wsucougarx

All the trucks I have recovered have had at least a 1/2 tank of fuel. The only issue I encountered were flat tires and low/dead batteries. Depending on how long she sat, the brake pads may be sticking. Bring a big stinkin' hammer with you to help free the brakes up. If they allow you to, definitely do a full safety check before taking her out on the road. Unlike GL, the NG bases were very friendly to me working on my trucks and adding fluids. Even the NG soldiers came out to help fuel up my truck and help me do maintenance on her.

If you check out my build thread, my first post shows what I bring to my recoveries: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?100847-WSUCougar-s-M925A1-Acquisition-and-Build-Thread

tow2gunner

welcome to the club! when I picked up mine - all. had to do was add coolant , diesel tank was FULL!!! right up to the strainer bottom..

ichudov

Congratulations. All my trucks had over 1/2 tank of fuel and were ready to go, except one had a dead battery. Even on that one, there were enough good batteries to make a good starting circuit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks