• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 5ton Owner

kdaniels

Hey guys i just won a m923 from Huntsville last week. Truck looked really good on the pics/video....running vehicle with troop seats and duels. Only 260 miles since last rebuild and the markings looked like it came from an MP battalion. Someone wanted it as bad as i did and made me pay so @ $4500 it wasn't a steal but i feel good about the price.

Been looking into the forums and can't find any info on cargo tops....who has'em ..how much..will a duece interchange ect ect.
Also....these trucks are being released without the EUC requirement...with i find a major plus.

Calling tmr to set up appointment for pickup....will post up some pics once i can.

Will be in the market for some 1400-20's too.....

SEMPER FI..

keith

kdaniels

Got my appointment set up for this coming thursday....looking forward to the road trip to pick it up. GL has been very helpful !!

Semper Fi!

keith

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Does it have the 250 Cummins or the 8.3 in it. If it has the 8.3 there are some issues you need to know about them....there is a trick to starting them if the fuel solenoid has de-energized.

PM me your appt time....I have a trailer to pick up there next week. Maybe we can meet up. I will be in my M927 for the pickup.

Teresa and her crew at Redstone are great to work with.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actually think $4,500 for a rebuilt M923 is a good deal. If it had been closer to MD, you wouldn't have gotten it so cheaply because (a) trucks bring more up here and (b) I'd have bid it up on you! ;) Congratulations and good luck.

Does it have the 250 Cummins or the 8.3 in it. If it has the 8.3 there are some issues you need to know about them....there is a trick to starting them if the fuel solenoid has de-energized.

PM me your appt time....I have a trailer to pick up there next week. Maybe we can meet up. I will be in my M927 for the pickup.

Teresa and her crew at Redstone are great to work with.
What kind of "tricks/tips" do you have for the Cummins 8.3? I just picked up a M932A2 with the 8.3 and would love to learn about it.

kdaniels

Wreckerman...they got me in @ 10:15...but i will need directions. It's got the 250 cummins in it.....and everything looks new. The bed looks like nothing has ever been loaded in it. A truck this close (5 hrs)...and as nice as this was too good to pass up.

Semper Fi !

keith

kdaniels

I actually think $4,500 for a rebuilt M923 is a good deal. If it had been closer to MD, you wouldn't have gotten it so cheaply because (a) trucks bring more up here and (b) I'd have bid it up on you! ;) Congratulations and good luck.
Bruce do by chance remember the days when you had to use a bidder padal at the live sales DMRO used to have? Those where the days of RUTHLESS bidding..
Thanks for the insight on the price....the more i've looked around the better i like my purchase. I was seriously looking at bidding on some of the Maryland trucks..but shipping would kill the sweetness in any deal there.

Semper Fi !

keith

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
What kind of "tricks/tips" do you have for the Cummins 8.3? I just picked up a M932A2 with the 8.3 and would love to learn about it.
One of the quirks of the military version of that engine is the fuel shut off solinoid tends to de-energize if the vehicle is not cranked every day. Once this happens it will not crank until it's reset....trust me.

Check out the picture. The can looking thingy behind the injector pump is the solonoid.....the little silver looking thingy on the front of it will pop out when it is de-energized. You have to rotate the lever looking thingy back to push the little silver thingy back in.....actually you have to have someone else hold it back while you crank the truck. If you don't have a "Soldier B" you can zip tie it back until it starts....be sure to cut the zip tie off as soon as you start it or it will not shut off (ask me how I know).

harsco engine.jpg

EDIT!!!!!Well.....the pic didn't transfer well......go to GL and search for HARSCO...you will see trucks with the 8.3 and you can get a better look at the engine.

Last edited: