• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 923

saleen42

I am new here and would like your opinion. I am currently bidding on a 923 on GL and wana know what you guys think they are worth. What do they usually sell for? I want to make sure i dont overpay im sure the truck will need abit of work to get going again....

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I strongly recommend that you inspect any items in person before bidding. Dealing with GL is always a bit of a gamble, but when you bid based only on the auction listing pictures, then it's a BIG gamble. Don't bid any more than you're willing to simply throw away if things don't work out well. Now, I just got my first M923 home tonight after winning it in a recent GL auction, and I am very happy with what I got... but I've also been bitten before, so don't take my most recent experience as any sort of guarantee.

Given our locations, we may be looking at trucks at the same site. Now, we have a rule here against talking about specific current and future GL auctions, because we don't want to present even the smallest hint of collusion. So, I won't say much, and my post may get nuked if what I say next crosses the line (mods, please nuke it and let me know if it's out of line): The listings I see at this moment appear to me to be well-used trucks turned in to GL in as-used or even as-cannibalized condition, while mine appeared to be fresh out of rebuild. Thus, I won't bother stating here what I paid for my own truck, because I would not have bid nearly as much on the trucks I see listed now.

Good luck with your quest for a new 5-ton, and I hope that we'll be able to help adequately within the constraints of our site rules against discussing ongoing auctions.

One more thing: As a CA resident, be aware that you will need a class A or class B commercial driver's license, with air brake endorsement, to legally drive an M923 here. CA's rules are more strict than the rules in many/most states, and CA's licensing rules don't care how you'll actually be using the truck. It's just plain considered a class B commercial truck for licensing purposes. It'll also be registered as a commercial truck here; even pickups are considered commercial, but the weight fees on a 5-ton will exceed $1000 per year if I'm not mistaken. Now, if you can get it registered as a Historical Vehicle, then those weight fees won't apply, and registration will be cheap. However, the commercial license will still be necessary here.

I plan to try registering my new truck as a Historical Vehicle. If it's too new, or I can't do so for any other reason, then those annual registration bills are going to hurt.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Expect for a m923A1 between 5k and 8k depending on how many there are at auction at the same location the more trucks the cheaper they will be. The m923A2 go for more and if it has a winch on it break open your piggy bank. Ask me how I know.aua

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Not to be a smart azz but they are worth what a buyer is willing to pay.....you may be bidding against a commercial buyer that has deep pockets and can pay more than you can and sit on the truck until they can sell it at a profit.

Trucks tend to be more expensive on your side of the country......it used to be you could buy one back this way and have it shipped and still do OK....high fuel prices have nuked that.

If you are only going to buy one truck I recommend buying from an individual if possible.......a lot of folks flip trurks and make a small profit on each vehicle (that is what I did when deuces were cheap). You can inspect the truck, drive it and see if it fits your wants. Make sure the seller has a clear title in your state.

Just my 2cents for what it's worth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks