• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 923A2 Owner

Dr Tred

I Just had my M923A2 delivered on a flat bed from Eglin AFB to my home here in Stuart. I called a GL recommended towing and recovery company to pick up and tow my truck to a storage lot in Ft Walton Beach Fla. Cost to deliver it to the lot was $350.00. Storage cost for three weeks was $65.00. I contacted Stanley Crawford of "LandStar Transport" (thanks to SS) and it cost another $1200 to my door.

Yesterday I drove it around the yard and parked it. It is in absolutely amazing condition without any problems that I can tell. It was hardly used. I am like a proud Papa with his new kid. I cant wait to get it insured and drive it around.

First I will take it to the local diesel truck center and have them inspect and service the truck for me since it would be foolish to assume that everything works. My friends and family ask "what are you going to do with that truck?' I said I dont know, but at least I have some options now.

Tred

Attachments

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard! Manuals are your friend, share time with them! They are available here on the site. Nice looking truck! CONGRATS!! She looks like she has a winch, so,,,,,if I am not mistaken, that would make her a M925a2. Been looking at those myself. Welcome to the "sickness" and hang on for the ride. Lots of good information here, and even BETTER people!

God bless,
Tony

Dr Tred

Thanks for the encouragement...

The bill of sale states: 1991 BMY M923A2 5 Ton Cargo Truck w/ winch

Either way it is great to have a place like this website to share information and enjoy the hobby.

Looking forward to a long helpful fun relationship with Steel Soldiers!

Vintage iron

Nice truck. Make sure you snd your mechanic know the start up and shut down procedure so you don't burn out your ABS computer. The Operaters manual is a quick and easy read. A inspection and service is a great idea. These truck can all use a good grease. Make sure they get the stubby driveshaft between the transmission and transfer case really good. These are always over looked, because they are a PITA to grease. Good luck

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got my m923 Monday and I love it so welcome to the 5 ton club.people ask me what are you going to with that I say, drive and enjoy.They still give me a funny look.

zguinness

I'm trying to convince my wife that these trucks are a necessity should there be a zombie apocalypse (she does like The Walking Dead).

M925

That's a M925!!! That's a good looking truck. I went to FT Jackson, SCNG MATES and pickup up my M923 this week. Half way home the driver turned it off and had to get it hauled the rest of the way.

You got a good deal on transport that far.

Last edited:

M925

I just got my m923 Monday and I love it so welcome to the 5 ton club.people ask me what are you going to with that I say, drive and enjoy.They still give me a funny look.
Yeah, I got the comments, laughs, misunderstandings as well. When I sold it and the next guy sold it and we both made some chump change....I did my muhahhahahaha laugh, and bought another one.

I intend on getting this one dirty....oh yeah.

Last edited:

Dr Tred

Is this the shutdown procedure you had mentioned to avoid burning out the computer in the ABS system?

CAUTION

Shut down procedure should be strictly adhered to, otherwise damage to ABS ECU may occur if vehicle is so equipped and may also induce faults and ABS valves will not function.

Turn vehicle light switch (1) and ignition switch (3) to OFF position. Wait for engine to completely stop before turning battery switch (2) to OFF position.

61sleepercab

Good luck with the new play toy. One word of advice is to have the old oil sampled and tested by a lab before you change oil so you have a baseline of engine condition.

Remember air brakes are different and keep big safety zone around truck when driving.