• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New A2 owner

Sneakin

Greetings....Just a note to say Hello to all and ask a question. Next week I will finally be getting my new A2. The question I have is in regards to it's history and hopefully someone can educate me. According to the current owner, the jeep started off life as a M151A1C and was converted by the military into an A2. He has no proof of this other than the word of the person he bought it from years ago. According to the data plate, it is an A2 and the MSN # is 02H23972-16983 ( if I am understanding the MSN correctly, it is a 1972 ). The date of delivery and inspection areas of the date plate are blank. What is unusual is the front fender area on both sides....at about the halfway point, there is a row of bolts where,according to the present owner, the military conversion was performed. Until I take possession I can not do a further search for other frame numbers,etc. Has anyone ever heard of this "military conversion" and if so, how would I know for sure. Thanks for the help ! Bill

DSC01245.jpg4.jpg

moose53

The dataplate is from a 1972 AMG M151A2. The DOD and INSP fields were left blank on AMG mutts. The jeep itself appears to be an earlier M151A1 with an A2 windshield and A2 fender repair patches grafted on. While anything is possible, its more likely a previous owner liked the look of the A2 better than the A1 and did some cosmetic work. I would caution you that the suspension would be the earlier A1 swingarm type that was much more prone to rollover than the A2. If an A2 is what you're looking for, this is not it.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks