• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new and need help

joey

I've been looking to buy my first rig but have a few questions about them.
don't all m35a2's come with a high and low transfer case? I've seen them advertised with hi low and some not. also some have the airshift front axle and I've heard that if you don't have an airshift front axle then its 6 wheel drive all the time then of course I've heard that if you don't have air shift transfer case then you only have sixwheel drive in first and revearse? wich way is it? and how do you tell wish truck has wich feature?
do the turbos make a difference with power? i read somewhere on here that they don't do anything for power just emissions i don't understand how they could do nuthing for power
thanks in advance for your help

FSBruva

Short answer--

It helps to lurk and read LOTS of posts, because all this is covered in the thousands and thousands of posts here....

Longer answer--

All trucks *should* come with a tranfer case. Unless it's been replaced (who knows with what), or they just forgot to mention it.

If you don't have an airshift, you have the earlier sprag unit... it senses a difference in the speed of the front and rear wheels, and engages the front when it feels the rears slip. In order for this functionality to operate properly, when changing direction, you MUST go from reverse to 1st. Otherwise it will mess up the workings. If it has an airshift transfer case, there is a switch mounted below the rest of the dash with a lever and a little light to remind you when it's engaged.

The turbos don't make much of a difference in power. THe C turbos are the "whistler" turbos, with really loud, high pitched whine. The D turbos are more subdued, and have been reported to produce more boost. The purpose of the turbos is to make the engine more efficient, by burning more of the fuel injected per stroke than the N/A trucks. N/A trucks (naturally aspirated) smoke a lot, and are a lot quieter. The turbos were to make the truck not *appear* as polluting, just by reducing the amount of visible smoke.

RTFM

Matt

acetomatoco

Get those "factory manuals" and read them in bed for a few weeks... I visited a guy yesterday with a M37 who said "How do I get my winch drive shaft off? I said where are your manuals? Given same I turned to the paragraph titled "Removing winch drive shaft" 'nuf said.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks