• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Armor Bolts for Halftrack & Scoutcar

steve1973

HERE IS THE NEWS WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR.

I got a price quote in to manufacture new bolts. I asked quotes for the following sizes 3/4", 1" and 1-1/4". For the most part prices are about the same for all at $.20 cents a piece.

I added just a little for my shipping cost to me and my troubles. So here is the kicker, the minimum order is 50,000. I have requests for about 40,000 now so keep them coming. I'm going to see if I can get a combination of the three sizes or if it has to be each one.

If it is just the one size which one should it be?

So, this means I should be able to cover all orders. I will go through the list I have and will contact you by June 11. If you do not here from me by then you will need to get a hold of me to let me know what you want. I will also be sending you information on how to send me money for your order. Once I have all funds in hand I will then place my order for the bolts.

I have a meeting tomorrow to discuss the final details for the order so more to come then.

If you are interested in some of these bolts Please email me with the following:

--Your Name
--Address as written on a package, I'm having difficulty deciphering international addresses
--country of origin if not USA
--Forum name and which forum you belong to
--email address
--quantity desired

My contact email is:

chevy3100@clearwire.net

Turn around time is approximately 150 day from time order is placed. I will be sending a bolt sample to them so that we can get the bolt head size correct as possible.

Once the new bolts are in my hands I will figure shipping to you all and send shipping costs. At that time I will collect shipping and send off your bolts. The sample 1-1/4" bolts I have are 0.7 ounces each and roughly 44 pounds per 1000 bolts. For those orders within the US I will use a USPS large flat rate shipping box. I can put up to 70 pounds in those. For international orders I will need to do some more research.

As for the other bolts that I have found, 1-1/4" long, the supplier is not returning any calls so they are not in a big hurry to get rid of their supply. So, on to the new bolts.

Thanks for your interest!!

Steve A.

steve1973

GOOD NEWS!!!! Just got word that the armor bolts arrived in Seattle, WA today. That means I will have them sometime next week. That means I will start shipping on the 18th of March.

For those who haven't ordered any and want some you can email me and I will send payment info. The bolts are still $.20 cents each.
Steve A.
chevy3100@clearwire.net

steve1973

Just want to thank everyone who purchased these bolts and help make this a reality. All 50,000 bolts are now spoken for. I have one more major ship out this Monday and a few other orders pending.
Thank you,

Steve A.