• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Batts for the 5 ton

M1075

Holy cow, batteries are expensive! Today, I picked up 4 of the 6TLs for $126.95 each and 6 of the Group 31 Blems for $34.95 each. I have been running 2 Group 31 Blems in 5 tons to save money, but I decided to get 4 new 6tls to put in the M816.

Is anyone running 4 Group 31s in a 5 ton? Can you fit 4 of them in the batt. box?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: New Batts for the 5 ton

i also wired two 12v black& decker 1amp float chargers which my wife plugs in once a week for a bit to keep the batteries hot, since i dont start the 819 for 5 or 6 weeks or longer at a time

M1075

Due to the cost differential here (almost 1/4th the price), I normally go with the Group 31 blems. However, the M816 is used frequently and is the main truck used for slave starting others (when needed). It will get the 6TLs.

Is anyone running 4 of the Group 31s in their M809/M939 series truck?

redass73

I have 3 group 31's and one 6tl in my wrecker. started with 4 new 6tl's about a year ago and have had to replace them one at a time as they went bad.

m139h2otruck

Are the 8Ds or the 31s short enough to fit under the cover on a 800 series without cutting out the stands inside of the boxes?

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have plastic boxes and i cut the little plastic bubble that is in the middle, very easy and ill put a rubber mat over the terminals before i install the lid tim

redass73

I have the plastic battery boxes as well. how common are they? I was wanting to cut the sides out of mine to make one large box. thinking about try to fit 8 group 31's in there, but dont wanna if i cant replace the boxs easily.
rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks