• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New bee

ellwood

Hi all , been lurking around this and the old site for a while now so figured its time to enlist . Well I'm in Windsor Ont ( that's about 500feet from Detroit ) and a long time fan of anything military . Have quite a bit of toys but no green ones . Maybe that will change as I'm interested in a m1008 or 9 , but cant seem to find any info how to get one here . Since I'm not a us citizen , I cannot purchase one . There's plenty of them in Michigan and almost made a purchase , then was going to keep it at my uncles in Grayling Mi . Also they can leave the US as I've read somewhere . I have seen them in Canada but maybe there from here .

Anyway , this is a great place with tonnes of info and maybe stick a post to find one already here in Canada or help / info for exporting .

See ya , Chris .

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact a dealer like Dave Newman in PA or TNJ Murray in DE. They have export licenses and can sell trucks to you. Obviously, it will cost more than those on GL, but then again they will have gone over the truck before you got it! Welcome aboard.

Blood_of_Tyrants

The EASIEST way to purchase a CUCV and not worry about the export deal is to purchase one from GSA Auctions. As far as I know, they have no requirements on who can or cannot buy one. The truck will probably be in worse shape than from GL but will probably be cheaper and repairable. I got an M1009 from them and while it was missing a few parts, once I had replaced them and then troubleshot the no-start problem to a bad fuel pump, it ran great.

ellwood

Thanks for the welcomes , and as far as I know the title has to be sent to US customs 72hrs prior to arriving at that location for an inspection . I think they do checks on it and deregister it as its leaving the US . This is mandatory for exporting any titled vehicle , then its ok for Canada since its past 15 yrs old . But it will show if the original owner is the US gov . I had a chance at a m1009 in Toronto for $2300 with the trans/case out of it , so no telling if it ran/drove well + it was white in and out . Must of been a Coast guard unit . I didn't want to do a repaint , I like the beat up green look . But now maybe I should of bought it .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks