• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New behavior after hh seal replacement

After I put new seals in the hydraulic head, I notice my idle is about 900 when it used to be 800. I'll find the adjustment for that in the tm.

Also, when I left off the accelerator to shift, the rpms drop like they should, then momentarily surge, then drop to normal again. As if I were bumping the accelerator (I'm not).

Is this a side effect of idle too high? Or something else?

RAYZER

After I put new seals in the hydraulic head, I notice my idle is about 900 when it used to be 800. I'll find the adjustment for that in the tm.

Also, when I left off the accelerator to shift, the rpms drop like they should, then momentarily surge, then drop to normal again. As if I were bumping the accelerator (I'm not).

Is this a side effect of idle too high? Or something else?
Don't think it's related to high idle,sounds like the fuel shut off shaft assembly may be a little sticky possibly due to the new shaft oring.
Try slightly loosening the two shaft assembly retainer screws (the safety wired ones) and see if things change, you can leave the fuel shut off cover off while the engine is running to observe operation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Fired up the truck, and after 5 minute warmup I ran the rpms briefly to 2000 and then released the accelerator as I would do if I were shifting. No surging. I did this several times.
However, this time the idle was normal (~800 rpm).

I took the fuel cutoff cover off and pulled the little clip, and disconnected the fuel cutoff assy from the arm actuating it (the one that comes from the fdc/governor).
I verified that the little arm moves freely from ~4 o clock to ~8 o clock. Hooked the arm back up with the little clip and verified that it moves from ~6 to ~430 and that it returns to ~6 on it's own. I don't think anything is sticking there.

I'm not sure whether the problem is gone, or if it only happens under load. Saturday when this was happening, the idle was consistently high (from the time I started the engine).
I think tomorrow I'm going to drive the Busted Knuckle to work and see if it's still "hunting" or not.